In our education system, we have three kinds of degrees, namely Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degrees.
If you ask "What is A Bachelor’s Degree?", here is the answer
It’s an undergraduate academic degree awarded by colleges/universities on completing a course study which has a duration of three to six years depending on the program opted by a student. A student willing to pursue an undergraduate program must have secured at least 50% aggregate in 12th standard.
Types of Bachelor’s Degree Available for Students
A student can enroll in any bachelor’s degree, which solemnly must depend on their interest, passion, and ability. Here’s an insight into popular Bachelor’s degrees from various streams.
Bachelor Degree in Commerce Stream
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.com)
If a student is interested in subjects like accounting, taxation, auditing, pursuing a B.Com ie bachelor of commerce is the answer! It is a degree program of 3 years, where students can either pursue b.com as a full-time course or as a correspondence course.
- Bachelor of Economics
Students who are interested in concepts like economic policies, analytical methods, and economic frameworks can take admissions into a bachelor in economics. With a financial background, students will get an added advantage for those aiming to write Indian administrative services or UPSC.
- Bachelor Of Business Administration or Management
Students inclined more towards management and business administration can pursue BBA, BMS, or BBM as its more industry focussed many giving businesses Insights. Subjects like accounting, business law, communication skills, and organization behavior, etc. are included in the curriculum.
Bachelor Degrees in Science Stream
- B.Tech acronym for Bachelor of Technology is a four-year undergraduate program. In India, these courses include various branches like electrical and electronics, computer science, mechanical, civil, automobile, etc.
Top B.Tech Colleges
Top Courses for Science Stream Apart from B.Tech
- B.Sc an acronym for Bachelor of science which is a three-year graduate program under the theory-research oriented stem of science. The critical academic fields of study include zoology, biochemistry, microbiology, marine science, botany, biotechnology, genetics, etc.
- BDS is a Bachelor of Dental Science which has a duration course of 5 years, including four years of study and one year of internship. Career opportunities include working as a consultant or take up a private practice.
Bachelor Degrees in Arts Stream
- Bachelor of Journalism or Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication i.e, BJMC is another popular course among students of art stream. Best suited for individuals who have strong communication skills, extroverts, have a storytelling ability, capable of analyzing a story, excellent hold writing skills, debater and have a desire to pursue a career in mass media.
- Bachelor of Arts: This course is a three-year graduate program that aims to promote knowledge in the field of arts, humanities, and social science. It specializes in subjects like philosophy, history, geography, literature, etc.
- Bachelor of Social Work: A program that focuses on various theories of social work. Usually opted by students who have a keen interest in working towards social welfare and development. Areas of study include sociology, society, the law relating to social work, etc.
The Need for a Bachelor’s Degree
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree is a gateway for employment opportunities
- Most of the fast-growing occupations demand students to be a holder of a bachelor’s degree.
- Leads to long term job satisfaction
- Research suggests Bachelor’s degree holders report higher levels of self-esteem and a lower rate of unemployment
- Brings a substantial jump in pay
- What is the fee structure for pursuing such degree courses?
The fee structure widely depends on the stream you choose.
- What are the career opportunities for the commerce stream?
In recent years employment opportunities for commerce, students have increased multifold. Students can work as financial analysts, auditors, tax Consultants, bankers etc
- Can you suggest top colleges for pursuing a bachelor of social work?