It is primarily a focused field of study covering aspects of management as well as all levels of service in the hospitality industry. This study proposes a comprehensive overview of necessary functions, such as front desk work and kitchen and foodservice as well as concentrated lessons on prevailing businesses and management practices. Courses may also include studies of specialized job areas, such as finance, event management, marketing, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and even health and wellness management. Thus, Hospitality Management is a fruitful discipline to build a career.
Aspirants wishing to opt for hospitality management field must gain many essential skills that can propel them to upper hospitality administration or assist them in any career field. A course in hospitality management may provide diverse employment options in settings that vary from hotels and restaurants to casinos and clubs. Graduates interested in food may prefer to work in contract food services, catering, and restaurant management. Candidates interested in hospitality may choose to work as travel agents, hotel managers, and cruise line personnel, Other graduates find jobs as clerks, and cost controllers. This course of study can also develop students to own and manage hospitality facilities as well as start their businesses.
Eligibility Criteria for Hospitality Management Courses
Candidates are eligible to pursue hospitality courses offered at the U.G. level if they have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board with 50% aggregate, On the other hand, to pursue a P.G. course in hospitality management candidates need to be graduates first. Here, aspirants who hold a graduation degree in hospitality management are mostly favored.
Popular Degree Courses in Hospitality Management
- B.A Hons Hospitality Management
- B.A Hospitality Management
- B.B.A Hons Hospitality Management
- B.B.A Hospitality & Tourism
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Hotel Management (BHHM)
- B.Sc Airlines, Tourism and Hospitality Management
- B.Sc Hospitality and Catering Management
- B.Sc Hospitality Studies
- B.Sc Institutional House Keeping
- Bachelor in International Hospitality Business Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management (BHTM)
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM)
- MBA Cruise Ship Hospitality Management)
- MBA Health Service Management)
- MBA Hospital Management
- MBA Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Master in Hospital Management (MHM)
- M.Sc Airlines, Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Master of Hospitality and Tourism Management
Popular Diploma Courses in Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Diploma Course in House Keeping
- Diploma in Cabin Crew and Hospitality Management
- M.B.A. Hospitality Management
- PGDM in Airline Ticketing &Hospitality Management
- PGDM in Hospital Management (PGDHM)
- PGDM in Tourism and Hospitality Management
Popular Certification Courses in Hospitality Management
- Certificate Courses in Hospital Administration and Management
- Certificate in Hospitality Management
Career Scope of Hotel Management in India
More than 2.40 million people are working in hotels, catering, and allied industries in India. This number is about to increase with the employment of more and more skilled candidates entering this industry through courses such as Hotel Management. Also, many new hotels are required to be set up in urban and semi-urban areas. Trained hotel management professionals would have a considerable benefit over untrained graduates as hotels are not willing to advance in education for recruits and instead prefer more qualified ones.
A graduate of the postgraduate of the industry should not look at only opting for hotels or airlines afterward. There are umpteen numbers of industries that look forward to recruiting students of this industry. This particular industry has moved beyond restaurants and hotels to serve the healthcare, corporate sector, and wellness.
Job Profiles for Hospitality Management in India
The hospitality industry is the place to be in this era of globalization. There are many portfolios wherein aspirants can make a career in the hospitality industry. Some of these career profiles are mentioned below.
- Hotel Manager:
- Front Office Manager:
- Housekeeping Manager:
- Food and Beverage Manager:
- Restaurant and Food Service Manager:
- Banquet Manager:
- Floor Supervisors:
Top Recruiters for Hospitality Management in India
Some famous hotels that usually hire hospitality management graduates are listed below:
- The Taj Group of Hotels
- Marriott International, Inc.
- Hyatt Hotels
- I.T.C. Group of Hotels
- The Leela Palaces, Hotels & Resorts
- Accor Hostels
- Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts Group
- Hilton Worldwide
- Courtyard by Marriott
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
Top Hospitality Management Colleges in India
- Jaipur National University, [J.N.U.] Jaipur
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, [I.H.M.] New Delhi
- Amity University, Noida
- Welcome group Graduate School of Hotel Administration [W.G.S.H.A.], Manipal
- Ansal University, [A.U.] Gurgaon
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
- Institute Of Hotel Management, [I.H.M.] Hyderabad
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology [B.C.I.H.M.C.T.], New Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering and Nutrition [I.H.M.], Gurdaspur
1. Which is the best college for candidates for Hotel Management in Mumbai?
The career prospects in hotel management courses are very high and Mumbai being the economic capital of the country has the most significant work opportunity in it.
Here is the list of some popular hotel management colleges in Mumbai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai.
- Apeejay Institute of Hospitality, Mumbai
- Global Institute of Management Science, Andheri.
- Kamat's Institute of Hotel Management, Andheri.
- Sheila Raheja Institute of Hotel Management, Bandra (East)
- Indian Institute of Hospitality & Management, Thane.
- College of Hotel & Tourism Management Studies Navi Mumbai, Belapur.
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Insitute of Hotel Management, Belapur.
- Atharva College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Malad.
- Dadar College of Management, Dadar.
2. What are the subjects of Hotel Management in India?
List of subjects in hotel management offered in India-
- Food & Beverage Management
- Management communication
- Human Resource Management
- Information system
- Marketing tourism strategy
3. Which is better: Masters in Hospital Administration or M.B.A. in Healthcare/Hospital management?
Health care management studies after preventive management of the entire population and hospital management are particularly for curative management of ill people.
4. What are the diploma courses available in Hospitality Management?
Various diploma courses can be pursued by candidates you can refer to the above article for the same.
5. What is the exam for hospital management after dentistry?
Every Institue or college has different entrance criteria. It is therefore suggested to just open the website of the college of your preference and examine the admission procedure.