Choosing the right career option is very important hence making decisions regarding this should come after analyzing one’s strengths, values, personality, skills and by knowing your options and learning about them. In India, banking is considered as a stable sector speaking in terms of its credit market, liquidity risk also considered as quite resilient to global economic downturns.With the rise and more presence of local, nationalized and foreign banks in India jobs opportunities for commerce students have increased. Article includes a list of banking and finance courses that a student can pursue.
List of Banking And Finance Courses
Courses in banking and finance are of different formats from bachelor’s degree to master program to diploma courses to certification courses. All of these courses equip students to develop skills that are required to manage banking and financial activities. A list of courses in banking and finance is mentioned below.
- B.Com (Banking and Finance)
- B.Com (Banking Management)
- B.Com (Finance)
- M.Com (Finance)
- M.Voc in Banking, Stocks and Insurance
- MBA Banking and Finance
- PGDM in Banking & Financial Services
- PGDM in Banking & Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking
- Professional Programme in Commercial Banking
- Advanced certificate in banking laws and loan management
After completing graduation, one can make a career in this field by appearing at various bank exams conducted by RBI, SBI, institute of banking personnel selection(IBPS), and other regional rural bank exams.
Advantages of Opting Banking and Finance Courses for High Studies
Banking and Finance courses have provided students with a wide range of job opportunities like Banks, Business Schools, Credit organizations, Consultancies, Economic consulting jobs, Indian civil services, health departments, the Insurance industry, securities industry and investments, Mortgage agencies etc.
Masters in Banking and Finance builds a strong foundation and helps in learning about how to check accounts, keeping the money for savings, money exchange, and issuing loans and credits. Diploma courses such as commercial banking, banking operations etc. are designed to cater to the growing needs of management professionals for the Banking and Financial Services industry.
After liberalization, privatization,and globalization the job opportunities have increased many folds, especially in the commerce field, giving students much employment potential. The banking sector recruits for Clerical cadre, management and trainee (MT) and Probationary Officer(P.O.). Other employment opportunities include financial service representatives, bank tellers, bill and account collectors, loan officers, financial managers, bookkeeping and audit clerks.
Facts and Figures About Banking Sector
- India has 27 public sector banks, with assets over 1.6 trillion U.S. dollars.
- The foreign exchange reserves with the RBI were over 400 billion U.S. dollars as of the financial year 2018.
- India ranks among the top seventh economies with a GDP of US$ 2.73 trillion in 2018, and the economy is forecasted to grow at 7.3 per cent in 2018.
- The Central government has planned to inject Rs 42,000 crore (US$ 5.99 billion) in the public sector banks by March 2019 and will infuse the next tranche of recapitalization by mid-December 2018.
Reasons Why Students Prefer Banking Jobs
- The banking sector is preferred mainly because of job security.
- In addition to job security, banks also offer lucrative salary packages to the candidates.
- Since most of the banks have different branches located across various states, the employees get a chance to work in different regions.
- Working in the bank sector is considered as a pride.
- Better career prospects. With the experience, they have gained from working in the banking sector opens ample other job opportunities.
- What are the benefits of being employed as a banker?
Working in a banking sector is not just considered as respectable, but it also comes with an excellent package, allowances and rapid career progression.
- Other than working in banks, what are the other opportunities?
Pursuing courses in banking and finance provides students with ample opportunities to work in stock brokerage, insurance, wealth and asset management companies.
- Can you suggest a finance course?
There are various courses available but pursuing which one all depends on your objective like corporate, personal and international finance.
- What is the syllabus of Banking course?
The most popular banking courses include:
- Banking Laws
- Direct and Indirect Laws
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Management of Financial Services
- Foreign Exchange
- Modern Banking Theory