Water is a very important factor in the growth of any organism. Humans need water to grow and develop themselves at regular intervals in control amounts. Just like humans, plants and the crops which we eat need water to grow and blossom at proper intervals of time and control amounts.
And the process in which we lend control supply of water at proper intervals of time. To the crops and plants is called Irrigation. So the branch of engineering that deals with Irrigation issues is known as Irrigation Engineering.
Irrigation Engineering is a sub branch that comes under civil engineering and it deals with the study of monitoring and restraining of the several sources of water. Advantages and disadvantages of artificial Irrigation standards used in new technologies under Irrigation Engineering.
Thus, Irrigation Engineering is a branch of engineering that purpose is to research and study about irrigation and farming departments simultaneously. And on the basis of research and study develop principles new technologies for Irrigation
So here in this article you will find everything about Irrigation Engineering like eligibility for Irrigation Engineering Entrance Exam for Irrigation Engineering admission syllabus of Irrigation Engineering job scope and salary in Irrigation Engineering.
- What is Irrigation Engineering?
- Irrigation Engineering Courses
- Irrigation Engineering Course Duration
- Irrigation Engineering Eligibility Criteria
- Irrigation Engineering Subjects
- Irrigation Engineering Syllabus
- Irrigation Engineering Notes and Books
- Irrigation Engineering Scope
- Irrigation Engineering Salary
- Best colleges for Irrigation Engineering
What is Irrigation Engineering?
As we all know the major source of irrigation is rain but we can't fully trust on rain, has there are different rain approach at different places that means, for example, there the rate of raining at different places is different like deserts, there is no rain so the plantation can't be done if irrigation is done by the rain.
so under this branch of engineering, we make easy irrigation possible at every place eventually by which the growth rate of crops is increasing,
In short, we can say by the help of this branch we design methods that are useful to irrigate different places no issue if there is rain available at a good rate or not.
Irrigation Engineering Definition
Many people Define Irrigation Engineering different with different aspects and some of that definitions are written below. In the branch of Irrigation Engineering, it combines Engineering and irrigation has one branch and the issues related to irrigation is called Irrigation Engineering.
- A branch of engineering which deals with the different need of irrigation in respective of the place, For fulfilling the needs of water by using artificial supplies from water bodies. Like by making Dam channel, channels, wells etc.
- Irrigation Engineering is a sub engineering branch that comes under the branch of civil engineering. In which the study is based on the aim of Irrigation Engineering, that is to deal with the water-related issues that occur in agriculture. The key focus of Irrigation Engineering is to meet the need for water in the agriculture field.
Irrigation Engineering Courses
Under the scheme of irrigation, Engineering Colleges offer diploma certification courses, graduation courses and post-graduation courses, so here we will discuss all the courses and their duration
Diploma courses in Irrigation Engineering
- Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
Popular UG Level Courses in Irrigation Engineering.
- B.E Civil Irrigation and Water Engineering
- B.tech Irrigation Engineering
- M.tech Land and Water Resource Engineering
- B.Tech Irrigation and Drainage Engineering
- B.tech Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- B.Tech Water Resource Development and Management
- B.E Irrigation Engineering
Popular PG level courses Irrigation Engineering
- M.E Civil Irrigation and Water Engineering
- M.tech Irrigation Engineering
- M.tech Land and Water Resource Engineering
- M.Tech Irrigation and Drainage Engineering
- M.tech Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- M.Tech Water Resource Development and Management
- M.E Irrigation Engineering
Doctoral Courses Irrigation Engineering
- PHD Water Science
- PhD in Agricultural and Irrigation Engineering
Irrigation Engineering Eligibility Criteria
The students must have completed their 10 + 2 class with maximum 50 to 60% in their respective boards in 12th class having science has the main subject and the cutoff or the entrance exam will lead to your way for an Irrigation Engineering course.
Irrigation Engineering Entrance Exam
The above-mentioned clearing entrance exam is important to get enrolled in the engineering program so let's discuss different entrance exams related to the field of irrigation. Now the question arises which are the entrance exams one has to pass for enrolling in Irrigation Engineering degree courses. So here are some top entrance exams
Apart from this, there are lots of universities which offer admission in Irrigation Engineering graduation courses on the basis of merit rank in the 12th class of recognised boards. the syllabus for entrance exam coves topic from mathematics physics, chemistry, biology.
Irrigation Engineering Admission procedure
Many people think that after passing the entrance exam they get admission in engineering colleges but there are some other steps that have to be followed for getting admission in engineering colleges like after clearing entrance a student has to go through the round of counselling conducted by the college or universities. After which the admission process is completed and student get enrolled in the course.
Irrigation Engineering Course Duration
Duration of Diploma Courses
The duration of these courses is 1 year followed by the semester system and the fees started from and job opportunities begin after completion of this course is work underwater resources, drainage management systems etc.
Duration of UG level courses
The undergraduate-level course is offer and Irrigation Engineering is a minimum of two years and a maximum of 3 years the course fees start from 25000 and go up to 2 lakh
Duration of PG courses Irrigation Engineering
The duration of PG courses is 2 years and the fees of PG courses starts from 50000 and goes up to 3 lakh.
Duration of PHD Courses Irrigation Engineering
The Phd course duration in Irrigation Engineering is minimum 3year and a maximum of 5 years and the fees start from approximately 50000 and goes up to 2 lakh.
Irrigation Engineering Subjects
As all the courses related to Irrigation Engineering are discussed above so now to perform well in those courses we have to know about the subjects that come under Irrigation Engineering.
So some subject come under the field of Irrigation Engineering
|Irrigation Engineering Subjects|
|Engineering Mathematics||Engineering Chemistry|
|Engineering Physics||Engineering Mechanics|
|Integrated Water Resource Management Source||Water Conservation Engineering|
|Fluids Mechanics||Theory of Machines drainage Engineering|
|Water Resources Engineering||Applied Hydraulics|
Irrigation Engineering Syllabus
The course conducted under Irrigation Engineering is based on the theme 25% theory marks and 75% practical marks so there is the importance of the project in the syllabus and if you talk about the examination method so the examination is held semester wise in the respective course in Irrigation Engineering and respective with the degrees.
The main topics that cover under the syllabus of Irrigation Engineering are being
- Hydraulics under the topic student learns about the use of liquids by applying science or it, in short, it is a topic that works on the principle of physics chemistry and other sign 17 easily the working under this branch involves knowledge of mechanical properties of the fluid.
- Hydrology - it is the study revolving around water, its property .in simple word we can say this topic covers all the processes and properties related to water like its occurrence and movement. Basically, this topic deals with the study of water issues like quality and quantity of storage water at ground level.
- Soil Science- This branch of science deals with the study related to two different aspects of soil like ok the property of soil, the water requirement of soil, classification of soil, different nature of the soil and other issues related to the soil as well as the solution to the issues related to soil.
Irrigation Engineering Notes and Books
Books and study material is one of the important key points used to understand the subject as well as to the cover syllabus and to understand the topic better so here some the best Irrigation Engineering Books mentions below for subjects related to the departments such as Irrigation Engineering Irrigation and Water Power Engineering and Water Resources Irrigation Engineering.
|Books or study material||Author|
|Irrigation Engineering and Hydraulic structures||SK Garg|
|Elementary Irrigation Engineering||G.l Asawa|
|Irrigation water resources and water Power Engineering||P.N Modi|
|Simplified irrigation design||Peter Melby|
|Water resource engineering||Wesley|
Irrigation Engineering Scope
The scope of Irrigation Engineering is very good because it is a sub-branch of civil engineering and it is related to the very big industry that is the Food Industry by the means of agriculture. As agriculture is dependent on the irrigation system, that maximises the scope of getting good job positions and highly paid salaries. Therefore we can see Irrigation Engineering is a good choice to make a career in India, the scope of any field is the gauge by the salary given so let's discuss how much salary offers.
Irrigation Engineering Salary
According to the INR for an average, the salary that an irrigation engineer can earn monthly is approximately around 15 to 30000 and annually it goes from 3 lakh to 8 lakh.
Employment Areas of Irrigation Engineering
The areas furnish employment in Irrigation Engineering is primarily water resources agriculture management plan design engineering water engineering etc.
Under these employment areas, there are some top job profiles which are provided by top recruitment companies.
Job Roles for Irrigation Engineering
- Chief Engineer Irrigation
- Research Assistant
- Irrigation Manager
- Project Manager
- Water Resource Engineer
- Irrigation consultant
- Agriculture and irrigation engineer
Below mentioned are some companies that give Irrigation Engineer Jobs at good salary packages.
- Consulting Company,
- Water Resource Management,
- Drainage Design and System Management,
- Farming Companies etc.
The benefit of pursuing Irrigation Engineering
As we all know education is the base of a person's thinking and personality so To earn money and respect simultaneously education is the key, just like that education related to Irrigation Engineering is very beneficial for an individual in many aspects but,
The major benefit of this field is it increases the speed of agriculture industries which leads to the increase in the economy of the country as well as the engineer that is doing the job under domain of Irrigation Engineering get high paid jobs.
Irrigation Engineering Skillset
- Having knowledge about Agriculture and irrigation
- Having knowledge about Advantage of Irrigation in civil Engineering
- Having good communication skills
- Should have Confidence for a new task
- Quick learner active thinker responsible
- Good at time management
- Should have some knowledge about another associated field
Best colleges for Irrigation Engineering
As we discussed the admission process the first step is to choose a college to get the admission done.
As we know Good earning come from best education, in short, we can say a person having best education can earn better so here the education we are talking about is Irrigation Engineering so here are more than 250 colleges across all over India That offer certificate, graduation courses,post-graduation courses and diplomas but there are some of the top colleges of India which offer the best education and top campus recruitments under Irrigation Engineering are listed below;
- Anna University
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kanpur
- LPU Jalandhar
- Amity University
- BITS Pilani
- NIT Trichy
Irrigation Engineering FAQs:
- What is the objective of Irrigation Engineering?
The objective of Irrigation Engineering is making irrigation easy and accessible of cost-effective by using the various principle of Science and Technology and maintenance, in other words, it works on the concept of designing and planning effective drainage system water supply with the management
- Does anyone with an accomplished diploma in 10th can take admission directly in a Bachelor course?
Yes anyone who completed a diploma from Irrigation Engineering into class 10th can take admission directly in the second year of Bachelors course and this entry is called later entry.
- What are the required skills for becoming a good Irrigation Engineer?
There are some skills that are important to become a good Irrigation Engineering
- knowledge about agriculture and I rrigation relations
- Knowledge about what is irrigation in Civil Engineering
- knowledge about new technologies and computer skills
- Negotiating han time management skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Visualise.
- Name the field that is associated with Irrigation Engineering ?
Civil engineering and Agricultural engineering are the fields are at is associated with Irrigation Engineering
As Irrigation Engineering is a branch of civil engineering and Irrigation Engineering. And Irrigation Engineering works on the problem-related irrigation musing principles of Agricultural engineering so Irrigation Engineering is associated with these two engineering branches.
- What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing any course in Irrigation Engineering?
The eligibility criteria for pursuing any course in Irrigation Engineering is that a student Mast have to be 10th pass after that only you can perceive diploma courses and certificate courses apart from this if a candidate wants to perceive degree courses they have to be 10 + 2 pass with science subject, and minimum 50% in the respective boards.
What is Irrigation in civil Engineering?
Irrigation is a procedure of supply of water to soil for raising crops from artificial source and so under civil engineering the issue of control and restraining is undertaken for many natural sources of water, by manual constructing of canal Dam and reservoirs to fulfill the need of irrigation at various agricultural fields.