- Spread over a vast area of 411 acres, the University has an exceptionally beautiful and picturesque campus.
- The lush green lawns adorned with beautiful fountains of the British times and the majestic building of the University are a constant source of attraction to the aesthetically oriented people of Pune, filmmakers, musicians and celebrities.
- The University campus is covered with a large number of age - old trees, which provide shade and beauty, and the peaceful surrounding makes for a very invigorating environment for serious studies and research.
- Round the clock medical facilities are available on the Campus for the resident staff and students, providing routine medical facilities.
- E C G, eye checkups, and dental treatments as well as special medical consultancy.
- Services of a Resident Doctor and an ambulance for emergency cases.
- Comprehensive information is provided on various diseases and health related issues like AIDS, cancer, smoking, alcoholism immunization and blood donation through the mass release of pamphlets and posters.
- The University of Pune 'Help Line' (telephone counseling), was put into operation in 1999 and has been providing guidance on issues related to STD / HIV / AIDS, and Sexuality.
- A Fitness and Health checkup Centre was established in the year 2002 to promote a lifestyle that would result in prevention of diseases and promotion of greater longevity.
- Yoga Education Center was established in the year 2002 with a grant from the UGC.
- As a part of the Golden Jubilee celebrations in 1999, along closed loop walking track was laid near the Main Gate of the University around the statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- At every dawn and dusk, there are a large number of people jogging on this track.
- There is a regular local bus service connecting the University to all the landmark places in Pune city.
Banking and Postal Services
- The Extension Counter of Bank of Maharashtra is located in the Administrative Bhavan and provides financial services on the Campus.
- There is a full-fledged Post Office on the campus, which provides both, traditional and modern mailing services.
- At various strategic points, telephones and reprographic facilities are available.
Employment Information and Guidance Bureau
- Promotes employment schemes for assisting students in securing gainful employment.
- It also provides entrepreneurial guidance to the students to start their own business under the self-employment scheme.
- Further, comprehensive information is provided on employment opportunities, scholarships, and fellowships both in India and abroad.
- The University Central Workshop was established in 1962, and has the following sections: Mechanical Section, Glass Blowing Section, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration repair Section, Carpentry Section, and Photography facilities
- Information and Technology Parks, Internet facility with wireless connectivity, Public telephones-STD/ ISD, photocopy and scanning, linear and non-linear video editing facilities are made available on the campus.