About Sovarani Memorial College, [SMC] Howrah
Sovarani Memorial College has started its journey a prospective future since its inception on 1st December, 1971, at the picturesque village of Goalpota under Jagatballavpur Block in Howrah district. The college-campus spread over more than 3 acres of land stands beautiful on the bank of the river Kana Damodara, which is only 35 k.m. away from Kolkata.
At the initial days, the College had no building of its own. The classes were started in one of the historic residential buildings of Satyanarayan Khan at Goalpota village from the session 1971-72. As a Degree College affiliated to the University of Calcutta, it offered general subjects like Bengali, English, Philosophy, Political Science and History at the undergraduate level and Commerce at the Pre-University level.
Aims & Objectives :-
The College endeavours to fulfil the following objectives and goals:
- Academic excellence and quality in a backward and rural area.
- Progression of knowledge and personality development.
- Nurturing religious harmony.
- Advancement of computerization to integrate super structural data.
- Development of job oriented technological skill.
- Providing education with a view to making them socially productive on the basis of equal opportunities to all irrespective of caste, creed, religion, sex, place of birth and economics status.
- Introducing job-oriented courses.
"Despair is typical to those who do not understand the causes of evil, see know way out, and are incapable of struggle" - V. I. Lenin
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Economics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Botany
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. (03214) 255038
Email : email@example.com