About Shri Shivaji College of Arts Commerce and Science, [SCACS] Akola
Shri Shivaji College of Arts Commerce and Science, Akola is a private degree college in Maharashtra. The college is an initiative of Shri Shivaji Education Society, one of the biggest education societies in the Central India. The society runs colleges as well as training centres along with schools, kindergartens, hostels, extension services, several workshops, gymnasium, printing press, health clubs and many other facilities that comprise the 132 services offered. Shri Shivaji College of Arts and Commerce was established under the guidance of Dr. Abasaheb Khedkar, a great visionary, social reformist and an academician. He was the rural development minister of the Government of Maharashtra. Earlier, the college just offered formal education in the field of arts and commerce. However, it initiated the faculty of science to diversify in the area of science and technology. The college offers courses right from junior college, MCVC, graduation, post graduation and even doctoral research programs. With a dedicated teaching department and competent staff team, the college is equipped with libraries, reading rooms, hostel, extensive campus, well-developed botanical gardens and an expansive playground.
Mission & Vision
- To impart quality education to the poor, downtrodden massess and to the last man of the Society.
- To provide facilities for the acquisition of knowledge and information and the advancement of culture.
- To undertake and make available facilities for reserach in Science.
- To carry on experiments with a view to improve methods of teaching.
- To ensure and inculcate perfect discipline in terms of regularity, sincerity and punctuality amongst the students so that they contribute to the society and nation as a whole as most responsible and respectable citizens.
- To encourage at over all physical and cultural development of students fraternity through various extra curricular activities.
- To encourage women education by admittin them to various subjects and faculties.
- To help, assist any institution by advice, guidance and supervision.
- To organize exhibitions and cultural weeks etc., to inculcate and aequaint students with cultural heritage.
- To provide a platform to the students by giving them an opportunity to face all the challanges of the competitive worlds, with utmost utilization of their potential in sports, athletic, cultural and other events.
- To organize and run tournaments, competitions, cultural festivals etc.
- To undertake publicity and propaganda of the ideal throughts and teaching of our historic personalities by all possible means, such as lectures, debates, and demonstration.
- To hold, organize, arrange seminars, conferences, kavi sammelan. (Poetic meet)
Why to join Shri Shivaji College of Arts Commerce and Science, Akola, Maharashtra?
1. Supportive Placement Cell for students:The college offers placement assistance to students through an exclusive and active placement cell. The objective of the cell is to keep students posted about various opportunities, prepare them through boosting their confidence level, communication and presentation skills and even interview techniques.
2. Inclusive Facilities for Convenience –The campus of the college offers facilities like bank, post office, students’ co-operative store, canteen, basketball ground, playground, and guest house, health centre, meeting hall, fitness centre, auditorium and several others.
3. Events and Activities –The college is active in other areas along with academics. The administration holds a college day celebration event in the first term. The students are even taken for excursion and tours to allow them to explore different things.
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Botany
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Economics
- Department of Geology
- Department of Geography
- Department of Hindi
- Department of History
- Department of Electronics & Computer Maintenance English
For more details about admission please contact :-
Principal : email@example.com