Societies & Associations
- There are no clubs and societies etc play a major role at Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya.
- The festivals are not celebrated. Proper sports facilities are available.
- Life in college is busy.
- There are nearly 5 hostels present at Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya.
- The hostels are in good condition but the hostel fee is very high Rs. 6,000/semester excluding mess charges, common room charges etc.
- There are several PGs available but they are too expensive.
- The food is good and costs Rs. 2,000-2,500/ month to each student.
- The classrooms are in better condition, a library is not so good, labs need to be acquainted, wifi facility is not available.
- The infrastructure is not so good.
Academics & Faculty
- In Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya classes start from 10 am to 5 pm depending upon the course.
- The exams include first hourly, midterms, practicals, end terms including assignments, presentations, lab work etc.
- The method of teaching is both blackboard teaching as well as powerpoint.
- Overall experience is not so good.
Fees and Scholarship
- Course fee at Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya is Rs. 23,900/ semester excluding hostel charges.
- Not much scholarship options are available in my department as a number of students are less than 7 so we are not eligible for the inspire scholarship.
- The loans are required.
Placements & Internships
- I get a stipend of Rs. 750/month during my internship and department toppers get a scholarship of Rs. 2,000 per month at Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya.
- There is no placement cell present on a campus. The students themselves have to make effort for the placement either in private companies or they go for the government jobs.
- Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya conduct an entrance exam every year for ug and PG admissions.
- I qualified ICAR JRF plant sciences but I got admission through entrance exam conducted by a university.
- The cut-offs are 120/180 AIR.