Naresh Prasad

Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Mechanical Engineering) | Batch of 2019

National Institute of Technology, [NIT] Surathkal Review by Naresh

Overall Rating : 7 / 10

Written on 05 Oct 2016

Academics & Faculty
Know more
6 /10

  • We have classes from usually 8 to 4 and sometimes 5 if lab. The exams are of different kinds like the profs may take a surprise test which has some weightage and even difficulty level would be high of the exams.
  • Most of the profs prefer teaching using the PPTs. while some profs teach the usual way as it is done.
  • My overall experience in the college till now is good and hope it is good in further years.
  • I love to study in the library rather than studying in my room.

Placements & Alumni Network
Know more
8 /10

Placements in the college are extremely good. Almost all people get placed and remaining go for either higher studies or their own startup.

Key Companies that visit and hire students are Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bosch, Wipro, Samsung, Myntra, Texas Instruments, HPCL, BPCL, IOCL, Hero, Mercedez Benz etc..

Average salary packages of core branches are usually 5-8 LPA and for IT its usually 11-13 LPA.
Highest salary of Mechanical in 2015-16 was 11 LPA and of IT were 25 LPA.

K V Kamath is a notable alumni of the college. He was the chairman of the infosys company and now he is the chief of the BRICS bank.

Infrastructure & Transportation
Know more
6 /10

There are 8 hostels for boys and 3 hostels for girls in Vivekananda college. The condition of the hostels are good. Two times in a week sweeper come and clean the rooms.

Food in college is pretty decent. We also have night canteen. The food costs around 100-110 per day.

The classrooms are in good condition. We have projectors also. Collection of books in library is amazing. 


Clubs & Associations
Know more
8 /10

  • Our college has many clubs and many events in which you can participate and get to learn from our seniors.
  • The best club as of now is the IEEE club. We also have ISTE, ACM, Student Council, IET, IE etc clubs.
    Now if we talk about non technical clubs we have Photography Club, NCC, NSS, Dance and Fashion Club, Music club etc.
  • We have the best cultural fest in the South India which is known as INCIDENT which is the 2nd best in southern region. Also we have technical fest called ENGINEER.
  • As a student of this college I enjoy my time in these activities a lot.

Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process
Know more

For getting into NIT's there is an entrance exam called JEE(Mains). So you should atleast score the min cutoff score in the exam to be eligible(no guarantee of getting into top NIT) and from that they will take your 60% and remaining 40% would be from your 12th board marks.

One more thing NIT's in respective states have state quota of 50% and remaining All India. Little bit easier to get into NIT for state quota people.

Cutoff usually depends on the quality of paper.


Naresh's images of National Institute of Technology, [NIT] Surathkal

Live Application Forms

Other Reviews you may be Interested in

Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech], batch of 2017 9/10
  • Hostel Facilities for more than 4000 Students are available at National Institute of Technology. For Boys, 8 Hostel Blocks & 3 Mega towers (Each having 500+ Rooms). For Girls, 3 Hostel Blocks & Mega Tower which built recently only.
  • There is also an International Hostel for the students.
  • 9 Dining Halls offering different Cuisine. A North Indian Student might feel difficulty in the starting while adjusting with the food but after some time he/she will be used to it.
  • All Hostel rooms are prov...

Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Agricultural Engineering), batch of 2017 9/10
  • Most students are full of good things to say about the professors, who are said to be very friendly and extremely approachable.
  • The Mechanical department faculty is singled out for special praise, while students say that the CS and IT branches are slightly short of experienced faculty members.
  • The good part is that none of the professors has big ego problems, and most share a good rapport with students.


  • Well, the placements are really good, and ...

Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Electronics & Communication Engineering), batch of 2016 8/10
ACADEMICS & FACULTY: Working time of the college isĀ from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M but depending on your class time-table you may have 3-8 classes, each of 50 minute duration, per day. The college follows the Continuous Evaluation Marking System, in other words the CGPA system. Usually for a particular subject, 2 quizzes, 1 Mid-Sem and 1 End Sem exams are conducted in a semester. It is not unusual for a professor to cancel all quizzes and assign those marks to a mini-project that must be completed before the end of the semester or submitted on a date of the professor's choosing. A student has to ...

Interested in this College ?