About Global Institute of Management and Emerging Technologies, [GIMET] Amritsar
Global Institutes have been founded by Dr B S Chandi and Dr Akashdeep Singh, who themselves hold Doctorate Degrees and have the vision for creating a truly world class institutes which will cater to the needs of Indian and Overseas Industry, Research and Educational Institutions. Global Institutes have tremendously grown since their inception and are well known for imparting the Quality Education in the region.
Global Institutes have always been lead from the front by prominent academicians as Directors, and it is evident from the fact that previous and present Directors served for long periods at the level of Dean/HOD at IIT Kanpur and NIT Jalandhar respectively. The institutes offer Undergraduate and Post Graduate Programmes and Doctoral Programmes in the field of Engineering, Management and Computer Applications. These institutes are approved by All India Council for Technical Education New Delhi and affiliated with Punjab Technical University Jalandhar. Global Institutes have the following institutions at Batala Road, Amritsar housed in a sprawling newly constructed complex spread over 24 acres in lush green, pollution free environment.
1. Global Institute of Management & Emerging Technologies (For B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA & MCA)
2. Global Institute of Management (MBA, B.Com (P), BCA, B.Sc (ATHM), B.Sc (HMCT) & B.Sc (Agriculture))
3. Global Polytechnic College ( ME, Civil, Electrical, CSE, ECE)
Guru Har Rai Educational Society
Guru Har Rai Educational Society (Regd.) Amritsar, having its registered office at Amritsar, has set up two institutes for imparting Engineering and Management education in the holy city of Amritsar in the year 2008. These Institutes are approved by AICTE New Delhi/Punjab Govt. and affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar. The Institutes are housed in a sprawling newly constructed complex spread over 24 acres in lush green, pollution free environment.They are carrying out original research of significance and technology development at the cutting edge.They impart training to students to make them competent managers, motivated engineers and scientists.
"To achieve a position of leadership among technical and management Institutes in providing meaningful, relevant and character building education, providing equal opportunities to every section irrespective of race, ethnic group and gender.”Sarbat Da Bhala"(which means "Welfare of All") as envisioned by the Sikh Guru Sahiban shall act as a guiding force for these Institutes."
"To provide affordable high quality education with special focus on value based professional education and also to prepare the youth for accepting confidently and meeting the challenges of the globalised world."
The primary goal of the Institutes is to provide affordable professional (technical as well as management) education matching international standards and thereby meeting the aspirations of the young generation. The Institutes have been set up with the following objectives:
- To provide value based professional education and to inculcate not only technical skills but right values and attitude also.
- To prepare the students for professional challenges both at national as well as at global level and also to prepare them for global placements.
- To promote and develop research in pure as well as applied domains of various subjects for the benefit of academia.
- To emerge as a center of excellence in technical and management education competing neck-to-neck with the similar institutions at national as well as global level.
- To promote entrepreneurship as envisioned by our former President of India Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
- To engage the students in community development and also to motivate them to become responsible citizens.