About Deccan College of Medical Sciences, [DCOMS] Hyderabad
The Deccan College of Medical Sciences under the aegis of Dar-us-Salam Educational Trust, under the Chairmanship of ALHAJ SULTAN SALAHUDDIN OWAISI, EX. M.P., was started in the year 1984 with an intake of 100 seats in M.B;B.S. course. Keeping in view of the infrastructure facilities, state of the art equipment and highly qualified teaching staff, the intake capacity has been increased to 150 seats from Sept., 1995 with the permission of the Medical Council of India, New Delhi.
This is the College in the state of Andhra Pradesh for Muslim Minorities, recognized by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi and affiliated to the NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada. It has been in existence since 24 years and 18 batches of students have passed out from the Institution. The 19th Batch of M.B.B.S. students are now doing their internship.
This College is established and administered by Muslim Minority Trust i.e., Darus-Salam Educational Trust under the provisions of Article 30(1) of the Constitution of India. Primarily benefits of this college goes to the Muslim Minority. The benefits of this college is also extended to non-minorities students. The Muslim students admitted in the college are supposed to follow the basic tenets of Islam. All arrangements and adequate accommodation for prayers have been provided in this college.
The College is administered by the Managing DirectorMr. Akberuddin Owaisi, MLA Floor Leader, AIMIM, Trustee, DET and Managing Director for DCMS& Allied Institutions, Chief Administrative Officer Dr. G.K.N.Prasad for DCMS & Allied Institutions the Principal Dr. (Mrs) Zakia Abid. The Darus-Salam Co-Operative Urban Bank Ltd., DCMS. Extension Counter which was inaugurated on 02-03-1996 and shifted to OHRC premises continue to cater to the needs of staff and students.
Quick Facts :-
- DCMS is established and administered by Dar-us-salam Educational Trust under the provision of Article 30(1) of the constitution of India
- The Deccan College of Medical Sciences is located in 17.50 Acres of land which consists of two blocks
- The college is associated with Owaisi Hospital & Research Centre and Princess Esra Hospital
- The Deccan College of Medical Sciences is a two decade old Medical Institution with an intake of 150 seats providing modern medical education at undergraduates (MBBS) and various speciality and super speciality level: MD-14, MS-4, PG Diploma-9, M.Ch-2, DM-2
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Radiology
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 040- 24340169, 24343129, 24340244, 24340275
Fax : 040-24340235
Email id : [email protected] , [email protected]