The College of Agriculture, Palampur was initially established as a junior College of Agriculture to cater the educational needs of far flung hilly areas of the then Punjab. It was formally inaugurated by Late Dr. P.N. Thapar, ICS (Retd.), the first Vice-Chancellor of Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana on 1stAugust, 1966. The then Deputy Prime Minister of India, Shri Morarji Ranchorji Desai laid the foundation stone of the college building on 23rd may, 1967. With the reorganization of the Punjab on November 1, 1966, the College came in the territorial jurisdiction of Himachal Pradesh. Nevertheless, it remained functioning as a part of Punjab Agricultural University till July 21, 1970. With the inception of Himachal Pradesh University on July 22, 1970, the College became a part of the Agriculture Complex under the aegis of Himachal Pradesh University which comprised of the agricultural colleges at Palampur and Solan along with research stations situated at different places of Himachal Pradesh.
The College attained the status of a postgraduate institution in 1971. It was a historic event when the College of Agriculture, Palampur served as the nucleus of HP Krishi Vishvavidyalaya which came into existence by an Act of the H.P. Vidhan Sabha, (HPKV Act, 1978) and was inaugurated on November 1, 1978 by Shri Neelam Sanjiva Reddy, the then President of India. The University was subsequently named as Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya (CSKHPKV), Palampur.
Why should you join College of Agriculture, Palampur ?
Facts & Figures :-
|Year of Inauguration||1966|
|Student Intake||Graduate – 35 and 22
Post Graduate – 42
Doctoral - 24
|Residential Facility||Boys and Girls Hostel for all students|
|How to reach College of Agriculture, Palampur||Advantageously located on National Highway 20 in Palampur and could be approached by the main city roads.|
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone: +91-1894-230371 (Telefax)