Centurion University of Technology and Management was started to provide high-quality education by a group of ambitious academics in 2005. This institute was set up by taking over the Jagannath Institute for Technology and Management which was located at one of the most challenging tribal districts of Odisha. CUTM was transformed from JITM in 2010. This institute is the First Multi-Sector State Private University in Odisha.
Moreover, this institute has been focusing on hands-on, practice-oriented and experienced-based learning which has been making a difference through appropriate and relevant innovation and action research. This university has been redefining the learning platform through skill integrated, domain linked, teaching and learning. This institute has an ecosystem approach which includes community, enterprise, industry and educational institutes.
Centurion University of Technology and Management Courses includes B.Tech, B.Sc, MBA, M.Tech etc. This university has five campuses located at Paralakhemundi, Bhubaneswar, Rayagada, Bolangir and Chatrapur. These campuses have many schools which are School of Agriculture, School of Engineering and Technology, School of Architecture and Planning, School of Basic Sciences, School of Management, School of Media and Communication, School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, School of Allied Health Sciences and Paramedics, School of Vocational Education and Training and the Institute of Knowledge Societies.
CUTM, Paralakhemundi spread over 120 acres in a peaceful environment. This is the main campus of Centurion University. It is the only technological University in South Odisha. Furthermore, this University has various MoUs signed with institutes around the globe. It also has many industry partners which help this institute during placements.
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Quick Links:
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Highlights:
University Grants Commission [UGC], Department of Higher Education [DHE], Association of Indian Universities [AIU]
All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]
National Assessment and Accreditation Council - A [NAAC-A]
Village Alluri Nagar, P.O - R Sitapur, Via - Uppalada Paralakhemundi, Gajapati, Odisha - 761211, India
Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Doctoral
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Schools:
- M.S. Swaminathan School of Agriculture
- School of Agriculture, Planning, and Design
- School of Applied Sciences
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Forensic Sciences
- School of Teachers Education
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social SciencesSchool of Management
- School of Media and Communication
- School of Mines
- School of Open and Distance Education
- School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
- School of Paramedics and Allied Sciences
- School of Disaster Management
- School of Vocational Training
- Institute of Knowledge and Societies
- Work Integrated Programs
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Infrastructure:
Bank and ATM
MDC Guest House
Authorized Centre for Person Vue Tests
Media Resource Centre
Conference Hall/ Board Room
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi MOUs and Collaborations:
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- Inurture education solution
- Box Hill Institute
- The University of Southern Queensland [USQ] Toowoomba, Australia
- SAP India Private Ltd
- Indian Institute of Welding – IIW, Kolkata
- Dalmia Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research [DISIR], Rajgangpur
- Regional Research Laboratory (RRL), Bhubaneswar
- Central Tool Room & Training Centre, BBSR
- Birla Institute of Management and Technology, India, Noida
- National Skill Development Corporation [NSDC], New Delhi
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Sports Education and Development Australia [SEDA]
- Fourth Ambit Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Kochi
- Indian Navy, Chilika, Khurda
- Baba Institute of Technology and Sciences, Visakhapatnam
- Center for Continuing Education, IIT, Madras
- IBM, India Ltd., Bangalore.
- Loud Cloud Systems Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai.
- Maharaja Vijayaram Gajapati Raj College of Engineering, Vizianagaram
- Central Reserve Police Force, Bhubaneswar
- The Regents of the University of California
- Tourism & Hospitality Skill Council
- University of Ballarat
- RMIT, Melbourne, Australia
- Direct Aid Program [DAP], Australian High Commission, New Delhi
- Plymouth University, UK
- TAFE NSW Western, Australia
- Leonardo De Vinci University, Paris, France
- Khadi & Village Industries Commission, State Office, Ministry of M.S.M.E (Govt. of India) for EDP Training under PMEGP programme, Bhubaneswar
- Ministry of Panchayat Raj, Govt. of India for preparation of District Plans under BRGF programme
- Govt. of Orissa, W & CD department represented by its Director, Social Welfare, Govt. of Orissa BBSR
- Maytas Infra Limited, Hyderabad
- Pearson VUE authorized Centre, Bloomington
- Navayuga Engineering Company Ltd., Hyderabad
- Letter from Govt. of Orissa, Panchayati Raj Dept. for Skill Upgradation Training Programme, Bhubaneswar
- Training Partner Agreement [TPA] M/s IL&FS Cluster Development Initiative Ltd
- Intelligroup Asia Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- British Council, UK
- Harsha Trust
- Coromandel Infotech India Ltd., Chennai
- RSB Transmissions (I) Ltd., Dharwad
- Synergie Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata
- Uniparts India Limited., Visakhapatnam
- Gram Tarang Employability Training Services Private Ltd., Visakhapatnam
- Orissa rural Development & Marketing Society [ORMAS], Bhubaneswar
- A.P. Khadi Village Industries Board, Humanyunnagar, Hyderabad
- Orissa Hydro Power Corporation Ltd. BBSR
- Establishment of Mini Tool Room from Planning & Coordination Depart. Govt. of Orissa, Paralakhemundi
- Tata Motors
- Yamaha Motors India Sales Pvt Ltd to set up a 'Yamaha Training School' at the Jatni campus
- Ashok Leyland
- Cafe Coffee Day
- The Regents of the University of California
- Genext Technologies Ltd. Accra, Ghana, W.Africa
- Deakin University
- CUTM/ Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship Agreement
- Dassault Systems Partners with CUTM
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Awards and Achievements:
- Centurion University was invited by the Honourable Prime Minister to address the Nation on World Youth Skills Day in 2015.
- It was mentioned in Research Report of Ernst and Young title, "Role of Higher Education in Creating Sustainable Livelihoods and Social Enterprises" is on the Model of Centurion University, published on 24th November 2016.
- Skill development program which was hosted by NITI Aayog, Honourable Prime Minister's sub-group of 11 Chief Ministers prominently described CUTM and its model of integrating skill with higher education, ensuring appropriateness and relevance of education in 2015.
- NITI Aayog named Centurion University "Gram Tarang" as the best practice reference point in the State of Odisha in their report titled, "State Forward: Best Practices from our States” which was released by the Honourable Prime Minister in 2016.
- Cited by name as a model for the debate of the General Assembly of United Nations on Right to Education. CUTM has been privy to be eloquently mentioned in the UN Secretary-General Report on Right to Education.
- This university was acknowledged by the United Nations for works done in reaching to the underprivileged through employment linked skill development.
- UNESCO has done a case study, “Centurion University model of skilling” in the UNESCO - PROSPECTS: Volume 44, Issue 2 (2014).
- A case study of Wharton University of Pennsylvania, “Startups Spot Opportunity in Training India’s Informal Workforce” for people living in the Naxalite-infested regions in Odisha and Andhra Pradesh in June 2013.
- The British Council published a report in August 2016 on Social Enterprise, “Focus on East India” and singled out Centurion University besides two other universities, IIM Calcutta and Xavier.
- Showcasing of Centurion University’s “Social Enterprise: A Global Outlook” in the Going Global Conference at Cape Town by the British Council in its international research report with a sample size of 200+ Universities where Centurion is the only reference from the Indian subcontinent.
- This university “Section-1” Status by Australian Government, Department of Education & Training in March 2016
- It was given A++ ranking in India in the Annual ranking of B-School by "Business India” and ranked third in the state of Odisha.
- Moreover, Centurion University has been granted programmes under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra Scheme of the UGC.
- Invited by State Governments of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Rajasthan and Punjab to set up campuses in their respective states for Skill Development Programmes.
- The University has been privileged to receive a Letter of Intent (LOI) and Invitation by Government of Andhra Pradesh to set up a University in the state.
- Centurion University is acknowledged by the United Nations for works done in reaching the underprivileged through employment linked skill development.
- Centurion University's Engineering programme is ranked 81 in All India National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in April 2016.
- Business School Rankings of India, conducted by Career 360 magazine for the year 2014, School of Management, Centurion University has been ranked third in Odisha.
- It obtained National Rank of 57 and has been rated as “AAA” business school ranking of India.
- This institute ranked A-4 amongst the promising B-Schools of Excellence by All India Management Association Survey.
- The University has been notified under 35AC of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- CUTM’s social outreach UMBC is enlisted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India in the CSR Hub.
- The University is approved as an Institute for Training of Trainers (ITOT) of the Director General of Employment and Training (DGET), Ministry of Skill Development, GOI.
- It earned the recognition of being “one of the top 5 innovative initiatives in the country” in 2015T for the Urban Micro Business Centre (UMBC).
- The University has been co-opted by NSDA, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to develop the structure for NSQF implementation
- It has been invited as a member of the core committee for the National Vocational University by Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Recognizing its competence, the Principal Secretary, Higher Education, Government of Odisha has recommended to the Secretary, Defence, Government of India, for offering Centurion University to Produce Components for Defense Equipment.
- The University got recognition to implement skill integrated higher education during the visit by the delegation of 20 Members of Parliament (MP) headed by the Honourable Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Parliamentary Affairs.
- Centurion University won National Innovation Challenge from the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship for Organic Agriculture Project in 2015.
- It has the capability for pan-India Assessment and Training under MES-SDI and in Competency Testing Centre and RPL.
- It adjudged Overall Best Performer in skill development by NSDC during the year 2011 - 2012.
- In 2012 and 2014, this institute adjudged “The Best Skill Provider” by NSDC in 2012 and 2014.
- During the year 2013-2014, Bhubaneswar Campus was awarded “Best Performing Center” by NSDC.
- It was awarded FICCI-LeapVault “Skills Champion of India” Award 2010, 2012 and 2013 for extraordinary contribution to skill development in India.
- This university was awarded the “Best PPP Project in Vocational Education and Skill Training - 2012” by e-India, AICTE, ELets and Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- It received “Entrepreneur University of the Year, 2012” by School of Educators (SoE) Global Education Awards.
- Received eNorth East Award 2012 in the Financial Inclusion category for providing access to banking and other financial services.
- Centurion University has become "Dassault System Academy Member" and it is the 1st Academy Member of Dassault Systems in India.
- Citation by The Economist in its Annual Report of 2013.
- Citation by McKinsey and Company in the McKinsey Global Institute Report on Poverty in February.
- It was cited by The World Bank in its report on, “Governance for Quality in Higher Education in Odisha, India” as a unique model reiterating the significant edge in the domain of higher education.
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Placements:
- CUTM Placements are rigorous with no capitation fees or donations.
- Placements here purely depends on merit.
- This university has a training and placement cell to develop students' personality and communicational skills.
- Also, It trains students to analyze problems related to the aptitude test and logical analysis.
- The career development cell at this university conducts career counselling and training programs.
- Various companies like Faurecia, Atlanta Systems Pvt. Ltd, Hexaware Technologies, Axis Bank Ltd, Hitachi Automotive Systems recruits students of this university through placement drives on the campus.
Centurion University of Technology and Management, [CUTM] Paralakhemundi Scholarships:
- Prerana Scholarships for the SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority candidates
- Merit cum means E Medhabruti Scholarship Department of Higher Education
- Bihar Government Scholarship for SC/ ST/OBC candidates
- E-Kalyan scholarships by Jharkhand State Welfare Department
- Minority Scholarship from District welfare Office Odisha
- Vikash Educational [LBW]
- Ministry of Human Development (DHE) New Delhi
- Sophia Merit Scholarships
- Jindal Foundation Scholarships [Sitaram Jindal]
- Times of India Scholarships
- Bihar Welfare [Post-Matric] for SC/ST/OBC and Minority candidates.
- Indian Oil Scholarships
- FAEA Scholarships for SC & ST candidates.
- Bihar Welfare which is a Technical Stipend.
- The Departmental and Official Scholarships from East Coast Railway /CRPF/ Central Schools/ SBI/ Coal India/ Daitari Mines /OMC for their wards.
- BEML Scholarships for SC & ST candidates
The below-mentioned banks provide education loans to the students of CUTM, Paralakhemundi.
- Oriental Bank
- IDBI Bank
- UBI Bank