About Bishop Benziger College of Nursing, Kollam
Bishop Benziger College of Nursing is a self-financing professional college run by the Christian Latin Catholic Diocese of Quilon. This college which started in the year 2004 is affiliated to the University of Kerala vide Order No.ACB/03/1833/2010 dated 20.04.2010 and approved by the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council, Red Cross Road, Thiruvananthapuram as per vide Order No. G.2870/03/NC dated 26.08.2010 and order no:G.8984/10/NC/11 dated 26.08.2010 and the INC Order No. F No. 18-16-5561-INC dated 17.11.2010.It obtained affiliation from Kerala University of Health Sciences. Bishop Benziger College of Nursing conducts a Bachelor degree course in Nursing of four year duration with an annual intake of 50 students. The course aims at preparing professional nurse graduates who are competent to render qualitative care to patients in all settings.
Bishop Benziger Hospital, the parent institution is the first private hospital in Kollam, established in the year 1948. It is registered as a charitable society and is run by the Latin Catholic Diocese of Quilon (a Backward Christian Community). It is a 600 – bedded super speciality hospital located in the heart of the city. Students serve in the parent hospital and in all areas to widen their capabilities and develop their skills.
Bishop Benziger College of nursing runs two community health centers at Mundakkal and Pallithottam of Kollam. The Bishop Benziger Community Health Centre caters to felt the needs of 12526 fisher folks living in the coastal belt of Kollam during 2010. It provides promotive, preventive and restorative health services. Referrals are sent to the parent hospital.
A community radio (FM) was began its broadcasting. It is aimed at meeting the health education needs of the community. It will utilize the creativity of the students of the college and the School of Nursing to provide health education through lectures songs, drama, plays etc.
Bishop Benziger college of Nursing has been certified as a Minority Educational Institution by institutions through the Order No.216 of 2006 dated 5th December, 2007 under National Commission for Minority Institutions, Government of India. The College is established primarily to cater to the educational needs of the Latin Catholic Backward Community of the Diocese of Quilon.
Affiliated to :
Indian Nursing Council (INC)
Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)
Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council (KNMC)
Why to join Bishop Benziger College of Nursing, Kollam, Kerala?
- Resources: The college campus provides fully fledged premises to its students for their better education in a better environment. To provide the students with well accomplished practical training, they are offered services at the hospital of the institute through which they can try their hands on the practical aspects of nursing and along with that serve the masses with their services. The college also provides facilities like labs, library and hostel to its students.
- Experienced Faculty- At present College has a panel of 52 eminent and dedicated doctors, 45 religious sisters and 450 other staff including nurses working in this Hospital.
Facts & Figures :-
||Bishop Benziger Hospital Society, Kollam
||Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
|National and International Journals -50
|Multi and super speciality centre of medical care Facility at Beginning
- Pass in Pre-Degree exam of Kerala University / Higher Secondary (10 +2) examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Kerala or equivalent examination approved byKerala University of Health Sciences with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry Biology and English put together. (as per INC norms)
- Age limit – applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st of December of the admission year. No upper age limit.
- A Good character and conduct certificate.
- A certificate to prove no physical or mental disabilities.
- Successful completion of Four year B.Sc nursing degree course or two year post basic B.Sc Nursing Degree (Regular) conducted by Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)or its equivalent regular programmes conducted by any other recognized universities.
- One year experience in any recognized hospital or in recognized school of nursing or in a public health agency after registration as Nurse / Midwife. Or One year internship after successful completion of four year B.Sc nursing course conducted in the state (subject to approval by Indian Nursing Council)
- Candidates with Post Basic B.Sc nursing (Regular) are eligible to apply for M.Sc Nursing directly.
- Registration with Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. +91 474 2765582,
Fax No: +91 474 2761801