About AS College, [ASC] Khanna
The A.S. College, Khanna, was established in the year 1946. The College is affiliated to Panjab University Chandigarh. It is a grant-in-aid institution. The college was established by the Anglo-Sanskrit High School Khanna Trust and Management Society whose aim is to empower the educationally backward and disadvantaged, predominantly rural population, by imparting a liberal general education (in languages, arts, science and technical education) with a special stress on the values of humanism, secularism and nationalism. The institution is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) and 12(b). In view of the overall assessment of the institution, it has been accredited A+ Grade by NAAC, Bangalore in 2004. Presently, it is gearing up for the reaccrediation process to be undertaken soon during the coming years.
A.S. College is the great temple of learning. Since its inception in 1946,the college has been trying its level best to achieve varied goals and objectives as enshrined in constitution of the institution. It has been Shaping its curricular and administrative performance keeping pace with the emerging trends in higher education. New courses have been incorporated in its curricular framework from time to time to fulfill the aspiration and needs of students.Many pass out students of this college are enjoying the enviable position in their fields.
"Improving the lives of our students, their communities and enhancing the socioeconomic prosperity of the region through education while inculcating the spirit of nationalism and striving for excellence in everything we do."
"The institution is committed to impart liberal holistic education to all sections of the society, particularly the rural and deprived ones, for shaping a sterling character and scintilltting career imbibed with values of humanism, equality and secularism."
Objectives of the Institution
In consonance with its Vision and Mission, the college has adopted the following objectives :
- To provide and enrich the educational programmes/courses in various disciplines/streams in response to changing regional, national and global scenario, with emphasis on employment/skill oriented programmes in formal and non-formal mode.
- To undertake community outreach activities ensuring active participation by students, faculty, alumni and other
- To improve and upgrade teaching-learning process in view of emerging trends.
- To develop and manage infra structural and human resource.
- To go beyond the realm of regular academia and arrange for a wide array of enrichment programmes for the
students and faculty.
- To provide employment opportunities, career counseling and guidance to the students.
- To promote physical, mentaland spiritualwell-being of the institution as an organic whole.
- To encourage the faculty and students to undertake initiatives and work upon new ideas including higher qualification and research.
- To monitor, review, revive and initiate practices in the light of nationalistic goals.