Paramedical is offered in various courses, such as Nursing, Radiography, physiotherapy are some of the major disciplines of paramedical that are offered at various institutions to the Students. Paramedical means the relating of the services and professions which support medical work but they do not require a fully qualified doctor. In the following article, we discuss in detail all the information about West Bengal Paramedical Admission 2021, Entrance Examination, WB Paramedical Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, and so on.
List of Topics
- List of Colleges
- Entrance Examination
- WB Paramedical Eligibility Criteria 2021
- WB Paramedical Application 2021
- WB Paramedical Cut Off 2021
- WB Paramedical Admission Process 2021
- WB Paramedical Admission 2021- Important Events
- Procedure for SMFWBEE Mop-Up Counseling 2021
List of WB Paramedical Colleges
There are numerous colleges and universities that offer Education in the paramedical field in West Bengal. Below mentioned are a few such colleges and universities that offer paramedical studies at different levels to the students.
- IIT Kharagpur
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
- Brainware University
- NSHM Knowledge Campus
- State Medical Faculty of West Bengal
- The Neotia University
- Institute of Management Studies
- Calcutta University
- Medical College
- Vidyasagar Institute of Health
- Paramedical College
- School of Nursing and Medical Technology
- Ashray Institute of Paramedical
WB Paramedical Courses Offered
WB paramedical courses are offered at undergraduate, Diploma, and Postgraduate levels. Every college offers different courses based on its establishment. Some of the paramedical courses offered at various colleges at West Bengal numerous colleges and institutes are:
|Diploma||Medical Laboratory Technology, Diabetes care technology, Perfusion Technology, Dialysis Technique, Operation Theater Technology, Electrocardiographic Technique, Cath Lab Technician, Neuro Electro Physiology, Optometry with Ophthalmic Technique|
|MD||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pathology, Radiodiagnosis, Anaesthesia|
|B.Sc||Audiology and Speech Therapy, Ophthalmic Technology, Allied Health Services, Dialysis Therapy, Critical care Technology, Nursing, Radiotherapy, Medical Lab Technology, Respiration Therapy Technology, Medical lab Technology, Nuclear Science, Radiography,|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy/ Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Science/ Bachelor of Physio/ Physical Therapy/ Bachelor of Occupational Therapy||-|
|PG Diploma||Anesthesiology, Child Health, Medical Radiodiagnosis, Anaesthesiology|
|M.Sc||Medical Lab Technology, Community Health Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatric Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Child Health Nursing,|
|Master of Physiotherapy||Neurology, Sports|
WB Paramedical Eligibility Criteria 2021
WB Paramedical eligibility criteria are maintained and formed by the colleges and Universities and it varies from one to another. Below mentioned are some of the most basic requirements or the eligibility criteria followed by many institutions.
Diploma and Bachelors Courses
- The candidates must have completed their 10+2 Education successfully from any recognized university or Board. The candidate must have completed 12th or +2 with Science stream with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, and others.
(MD) Doctor of Medicine/ MS
- The candidate must have completed their MBBS degree successfully from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have completed their graduate studies in the related discipline successfully from a recognized university or board.
WB Paramedical Entrance Examination 2021
There are various Entrance examinations that students can take for the postgraduate level depending on the college or university they want to pursue the postgraduate paramedical studies from. Along with fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the institute, it is also important for the candidate to pass any of the tests accordingly. The various paramedical Entrance examinations that are conducted are:
- NEET-PG: The candidates that are interested in pursuing the postgraduate degree courses. It is the common Entrance examination conducted nationwide.
- IIT-JAM: Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (IIT JAM) is conducted to provide the admissions into the M.Sc in the IITs.
- AIIMS: AIIMS offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses for its students. It is one of the most prestigious Medical Institutions of the nation and they conduct national level based Entrance exams.
WB Paramedical Application 2021
Most of the colleges and Universities follow the online application process, where the students can register and fill in the application form by providing in all the details asked for in the application form. Some colleges and Universities might also have filled and submitted the WB Paramedical application form by offline means as well. It depends on College to college.
WB Paramedical Cut Off 2021
The list to deliver the WB paramedical cut off 2021 after fulfillment of all guiding rounds is led by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, Kolkata. The cut off mentions the position of up-and-comers on which the confirmation will be done in their individual categories. The state counselling cycle leading authority is answerable for delivering cut off of West Bengal paramedical for 85% State Quota seats. While the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) will deliver the WB paramedical cut off for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats. The WB paramedical cut off 2021 will be set up based on scores got in the individual entrance test.
WB Paramedical Admission Process 2021
WB Paramedical admission process varies from one institution to another. Whereas the candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the institution, followed by the admission can be done on the basis of the Education Qualification. But many of the Institutions also consider the Entrance Examinations along with the academic qualifications for the West Bengal Paramedical Admission.
Counselling has also become a part of the admission process. Whereas the candidate must go through the counseling process for the WB Paramedical admission. This again depends on the level of Education the individual is pursuing and the institution selection and WB Paramedical admission process.
WB Paramedical Admission 2021 - Important Events
The following are important events of West Bengal Paramedical admission 2021:
|Commencement of Online Application||July 2021|
|Online Application Ends||August 2021|
|Offline Mop-Up counseling||20th March 2021|
Procedure for SMFWBEE Mop-Up Couseling 2021
Offline Mop-Up Counseling has been scheduled to admit candidates to the paramedical courses in medical colleges/ govt.colleges/ non-govt. affiliated institutions in West Bengal. The counseling has been scheduled to be held at Kolkata on the 20th of March 2021. As and when the seats get filled up by the candidates on admission through offline Mop-Up-Cunsliong, the counseling session will be closed. The following table has the different steps involved in the process of counseling:
|SMFWBEE Mop-Up Counseling 2021 Procedure- Steps||Action Taken|
|1||Certified PH (Physically Challenged) candidates are invited to participate|
|2||ST candidates are invited to participate|
|3||SC candidates are invited to participate|
|4||OBC(A) candidates are invited to participate|
|5||OBC(B) candidates are invited to participate|
|6||Combined Merit List candidates [General, PH, ST, SC, OBC(A), OBC(B)] are invited to participate|
Check More Admission Details of Top Colleges
- Madras University Distance Education Admission
- Alliance University Admission
- Sikkim Manipal University Admission
- NIT Calicut Admission
- Karunya University Admission
- Savitribai Phule Pune University Admission
- GITAM University Admissions
- NIT Jalandhar Admission