Delhi is the top educational hub in India which houses various prestigious colleges. Universities in Delhi provide UG and PG education in various disciplines of sciences, commerce, humanities, engineering, medical, law, and IT education, etc. These courses are taught in a variety of private and government colleges in Delhi. Students from all over India as well as abroad take up admissions to the top universities of Delhi which are well-renowned for their excellent education and training. For admission into UG programs, the minimum qualification is 12 years of school education from either a CBSE Board or CICSE Board or any other recognized qualification. For admission into PG programs, the minimum qualification is graduation in any relevant discipline from a recognized university in India or abroad.
List of Top Universities in Delhi:
The following are the list of Top Universities in Delhi under 200 rankings of NIRF 2020. The rankings of each top university in Delhi are discussed later in the article.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Delhi University
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Amity University, Noida
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Amity University, Gurgaon
- Ambedkar University - Karampura Campus, Delhi
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, New Delhi
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology University, Noida
- Galgotias University, Noida
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- The Northcap University, Gurgaon
List of Top Universities in Delhi in Detail:
Find below the list of the top 10 universities in Delhi int he NIRF 2020 overall university ranking discussed in detail:
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, [JNU] New Delhi: Jawaharlal Nehru University has ranked 2 in NIRF 2020 ranking among all the top universities in India. It is one of the foremost universities in India and a world-renowned center. JNU established in the year 1969 and is considered to be a top university in Delhi. In 2017, JNU was awarded the ‘Best University’ award from the President of India. JNU campus is spread across 1000 acres in a lush green landscape that gives shelters to many peacocks and a wide range of birds. JNU takes admission for undergraduate, postgraduate, Masters, M.Phil, and Ph.D. programs. Being
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi: Jamia Millia Islamia University has ranked 10 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It is located in New Delhi and established at Aligarh in United Provinces in the year 1920. The university grew from a small institution in pre-independence India to a central university offering quality education from nursery to research in specialized fields. Jamia Millia Islamia has been accredited as a NAAC-A grade Institute by the NAAC and ranked a top university in Delhi by NIRF. Jamia Millia Islamia Admissions offers UG, PG, Diploma, and Distance Learning Education for students.
- Delhi University [DU]: DU, New Delhi has ranked 11 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It was established in the year 1922 under the Central Legislative Assembly Act. The University has 80 Departments with over 7,00,000 students in the university so far. DU Admission offer programs such as UG, PG, Doctorate of philosophy programs, and certificate programs. The university is also accredited by NAAC and has been ranked a top university in Delhi by NIRF. 5 Departments of the university are Chemistry, Geology, Zoology, Sociology, and History has been awarded the status of the Centres of Advanced Studies.
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi: Jamia Hamdard University has ranked 21 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It is considered to be a top university in Delhi. It was inaugurated by Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi in 1989. Jamia is accredited by NAAC with an 'A' grade and is deemed to be a university. It was first set up as a small Unani clinic in the year 1906 by one of the well-known practitioners of Unani System of Medicine, Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed. Jamia Hamdard University Admission offers UG and PG programs in Information Technology, Physiotherapy, Computer Applications, and Occupational Therapy.
- Amity University, Noida: Amity University Noida has ranked 37 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It is a private research university which is located in Noida and was established in 2005. This university is a part of the Amity education group and has various campuses in India, Dubai, Singapore, London, and New York. It was recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited by the NAAC with grade 'A'. It is recognized as a top university in Delhi by NIRF. The University also has a notable alumni Association. Amity University Noida conducts its own entrance exam for admission. The UG courses offered are BBA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Hons), BA, B.Des, BA(Hons), BFA, BCA, B.Ed, B.P.Ed. The PG courses offered by the university are MBA, M.Com, MCA, M.Tech, M.Sc, MA, MFA, M.Ed, and M.P.Ed.
- Delhi Technological University, [DTU], New Delhi: DTU has ranked 45 in NIRF 2020 ranking. Formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering [DCE], it established in 1941 with the main aim of fulfilling the requirement of trained technical manpower with practical experience and theoretical knowledge. It is a top university in Delhi. The college was affiliated with the University of Delhi till 1952 and started a formal Degree level Program afters. Delhi Technological University admission is done based on merit to a number of UG, PG, and Doctoral programs in the fields of Engineering and Technology, Architecture, Design, Arts, Management, and Commerce.
- Shiv Nadar University, [SNU] Greater Noida: Shiv Nadar University has ranked 56 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It was founded in 2011 offering courses in programs at UG, PG, and doctoral levels. The university is spread across 286 acres in the outskirts of NCR. SNU has the state of the art campus with various facilities like smart classrooms, a library, sophisticated labs, conference rooms, sports facilities of international standards, auditoriums, canteens, and hostels. The university has a total of 5 schools and 24 departments. It stands as a top university in Delhi.
- Maharshi Dayanand University, [MDU] Rohtak: Maharshi Dayanand University has ranked 76 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It was established in 1976 as Rohtak University and later on, it was named Maharshi Dayanand University in 1977. MDU Rohtak aims to promote quality higher education and research in fields like ecological and environmental and life sciences. It has always maintained its reputation to remain a top university in Delhi till date. The university is recognized by the UGC in 1979. The campus is spread over an area of 665.44 acres of land. It has 19 hostels, 12 teaching blocks, an elegant Vivekananda library with 6 off-shoots, the majestic Tagore auditorium which is equipped with modern gadgetry and amenities and 550 residential units are available for faculty members. The MDU course is offered in various disciplines like B.Tech, LLB, M.Tech, MA, M.Ed M.Phil as well as admission to distance education program for the BA, B.Com, M.Com, MA, and B.Sc courses.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, [GGSIPU] New Delhi: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has ranked 95 in NIRF 2020 ranking. It was established in the year 1998 and approved by the University Grant Commission [UGC] and Association of Indian Universities [AIU]. The university has bagged various awards for its quality of educational research and teaching system. The University is accredited by NAAC with an 'A' Grade. It is a top university in Delhi. The university has a state of art infrastructure facilities with modern and updated academic buildings, a central library, research institutes, laboratories, hostel facilities, transport facilities, sports facilities, etc. The IP University admission is done online through the university portal and offers courses in various disciplines like Engineering, Law, Medicine, Arts, Science, Hotel Management, Architecture, Management, Nursing, Paramedical Sciences, etc.
- Amity University, Gurgaon: Amity University Gurgaon has ranked between 101-150 in NIRF 2020 ranking. The courses offered at Amity University Gurugram was accredited by several distinguished bodies like ABSP, ASIC, BCI, RCI, COA, and IET. Amity University is also recognized by the UGC. It has been ranked as a top university in Delhi by NIRF. The students of Amity University Gurugram are involved in vibrant extra-curricular activities which help them to reinvent themselves and to develop management skills. The multi-cultural campus is spread across an area of 110 acres and consists of highly experienced staff and scientists with a strength of over 1000.