Mumbai, also known as Bombay, is the financial, commercial, and well-known entertainment capital of India. Being home to around 80+ Universities and Research Institutes, the students can seek quality education in every possible field and according to their interests. Mumbai is known as the city of dreams. It is here where the first flight of many people and students' career takes place. Major financial institutions and top businesses based in India or abroad have headquarters in Mumbai, which offer business opportunities and the potential for a higher standard of living. Mumbai has several top MBA colleges or Business schools (B-schools) that upskill tomorrow's entrepreneurs and business leaders. In this article, we will discuss the Top B Schools in Mumbai and their Admission Process. The scope of studying from a Top B Schools in Mumbai and which companies they can aim to work in the future.
List of Topics:
Top B Schools in Mumbai List and Rankings:
The NIRF Ranks colleges and universities every year under different categories and parameters. These ranks have proved to be a very helpful criterion for students to decide their dream colleges. Find below a list of Top B Schools in Mumbai falling under the NIRF Ranking under 100.
|Top B Schools in Mumbai||NIRF 2020 Ranking||Average Annual Fee|
|Shailesh J Mehta School of Management [SJMSM] IIT Bombay||11||INR 4,24,000|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)||12||INR 4,00,000|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)||18||INR 14,00,000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)||24||INR 9,25,000|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (KJ SIMSR)||56||INR 2,60,000|
|L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||68||INR 11,00,000|
|N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research||76-100||INR 4,65,000|
|Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technology, [VESIT] Mumbai||76-100||-|
Some other Top B Schools in Mumbai to consider for an MBA degree are as follows:
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research, and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE)
- Universal Business School
- IES Management College and Research Center
- Atharva Institute of Management Studies
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS)
- Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, [DSIMS] Mumbai
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, [LLIM] Mumbai
- YMT College of Management, Mumbai
- Institute for Technology and Management, [ITM] Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School, [IBS] Mumbai
Top B Schools in Mumbai Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for Top B Schools in Mumbai MBA course may differ from college to college. However, the essential eligibility criteria for MBA are as follows:
- The candidates must have passed graduation in any field or equivalent from a recognized university as an essential eligibility criterion for MBA (full-time).
- Most institutes follow the minimum score criterion in graduation, which is 50 percent on average or equivalent. For the reserved category students, the minimum score is 45 percent in aggregate.
- The final-year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for an MBA course, provided they need to present the proof of completion of graduation degree.
- Apart from merit-based admission, many Top B Schools in Mumbai also accept national and state-level entrance exams scores. These exams for MBA admissions are CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GATE, MAH CET, MHT CET, NMAT, etc., to name a few.
Top B Schools in Mumbai Admission Process:
The Top B Schools in Mumbai MBA admissions are done through popular MBA entrance exams. Some colleges also grant admissions based on state-level entrance exams.
- The total PG seats in Maharashtra for management colleges are 52,127 as per the latest AICTE data.
- For the management courses, the state's male candidate enrollment is 24,195, while the female candidate enrollment is 16,706.
- Apart from the entrance exams, Top B Schools in Mumbai also require the students to go through Group Discussion (GD) rounds and Personal Interview (PI).
- Many B Schools also consider the past academic records of the participating students.
- In most cases, the weightage given to the Entrance Exam is 65%-75%, GD/PI is 20%-30%, and the past academic records is 5%.
Top B Schools in Mumbai Scope:
With the ever-growing demand for an MBA degree, the students can bag excellent opportunities in the public and private sectors. Some of the job profiles and study scope after an MBA are as follows:
|Job Profiles after studying from Top B Schools in Mumbai||
|Study Scope after an MBA||
Top B Schools in Mumbai Recruiters:
Studying from a Top B Schools in Mumbai opens the door to top recruiters in the country. These companies hire MBA Graduates from well-reputed Business Schools. Following are some of the top recruiters from Top B Schools in Mumbai:
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai||
FMCG: Ab InBev, Dabur, Del Monte, HCCB, Nestle, etc.
Consulting: Accenture, Capgemini, KPMG, M N Dastur, PwC US Advisory, Optum Advisory UHG, Deloitte India, etc.
Manufacturing: CGCEL, Castrol, Hindalco, Maruti Suzuki, RIL, RPG, etc.
Retail & E-commerce: ABFRL, Amazon, FirstCry, Flipkart, Metro Cash & Carry, Ninjacart, Ola Cabs, etc.
Others: Airtel, ACT Fibernet, Bajaj Electricals, Bizongo, etc.
|Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay, Mumbai||
Finance: Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of America, HSBC, State Bank of India, etc.Consulting: Accenture, PWC, Bristlecone, Capgemini, Deloitte
IT and Technology: Amazon, Samsung, Flipkart, SAP, Wipro, Snapdeal, Google, Infosys, etc.
Operations and Supply Chain Management: Britannia, Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Asian Paints, Britannia, Heinz, Reliance, etc.
Manufacturing: HP, Jindal, LAVA, Siemens, TATA Motors, Whirlpool, etc.
Healthcare: Cipla, ACG, PharmEasy, SUN Pharma, etc.
|SPJIMR, Mumbai||Ernst & Young, 3I Infotech, Citi Bank, Frost & Sullivan, 3M, Coffee Day Beverages, FTI Consulting, ABN Ambro Bank, Cognizant, Future Group, Accenture, Credit Mantri, Galaxy Surfactants, Amazon, Crisil, Mahindra & Mahindra, Gartner, Indus Towers, Mphasis, Sical Logistics, IndusInd Bank, Myntra, Simplilearn, Infosys, Nazara Technologies, Schlumberger, Infrastructure Debt Fund, Netmagic Solutions, Sutherland Global Services, JDA Software, Newt Global, Symantec, etc.|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||ICICI Bank, ITC, Airtel, Amazon, Bisleri, Bajaj Electricals Ltd., Puma, LG, Accenture, Grofers, Deutsche Bank, Mercedes Benz, Cognizant, Dell, Google, Hero, Jio, Mahindra, MuSigma, Reliance, HDFC Bank, Wipro, Deloitte, Sun Pharma, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., VLCC, Axis Bank, etc.|
|NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai||Cognizant, Deloitte, EY, PwC, IBM and Microsoft, Centrum, Barclays Bank, CITI Bank, Credit Suisse, CRISIL, DBS Bank, DHL Express, FedEx Express, KPMG, Google, HCL, HP, HT Media, IBM, Info Edge (India) Ltd., Jindal Steel, KPMG, Microsoft, Shemaroo Entertainment, Whirlpool, Wildcraft, etc.|