The admission for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course is done area wise and based on the value of candidates in the normal entrance test, OPENNET. The Regional Centers of IGNOU where the examination habitats for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Program are liable for the counseling cycle of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and admissions to the course. IGNOU will deliver merit lists that will be district-based after the OPENNET 2020 results are out. Competitors will be required for the counseling cycle if they clear the cut-off criteria. The counseling cycle for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course for qualified applicants will occur at the regional centers dependent on area-based rank and accessibility of the seats. Admission to the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is done distinctly based on merit and marks scored by the competitor in the OPENNET test. The work experience of all candidates is a plus point as the same will be considered while shortlisting them.
List of Topics:
- Important Points
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates
- Documents Required
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Checklist:
Candidates must go through the below-mentioned checklist before applying for IGNOU post basic B.Sc. Nursing course:
- Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying.
- They must check the application form deadline and exam date.
- Candidates must check the things required with the Admit Card at the time of examination.
- Qualified candidates must check the document’s list carefully before going for the counseling. (list of documents required is mentioned in this article)
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Important Points:
Candidates should go through certain points to have an idea about the admission process. Mentioned below are some of the important points:
- Candidates must go through the official website for the latest updates.
- Candidates have to pay the application form fee otherwise their application will not be generated. (INR 1200)
- Candidates reach the exam center 1 hour before the commencement of the examination.
- They should read the rules and regulations before proceeding with the application and admission process.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria of the IGNOU post basic B.Sc. Nursing course before applying. Any candidate who does not fit the criteria will not be eligible to go further with the process. Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for the same:
- Candidates must have qualified HSC (class 12th) from a recognized school/board.
- They should have completed three years of General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma.
- They should also have two years of working experience in this field.
- Candidates who are SSC (class 10th) passed can also apply but they should have three years of General Nursing and Midwifery Diploma with a work experience of 5 years in the field.
- The male candidates who did not pursue Midwifery can also apply if they had done a diploma in Nursing for 6-9 months.
- Candidates must have a certificate or a duly signed letter of training by the Indian Nursing Council or its equivalent.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Important Dates:
Candidates must stay updated with the latest dates and events to not miss out on anything important. Mentioned below are the important dates for IGNOU post basic B.Sc. Nursing:
|Application Start||July 2020|
|Application End||August 2020|
|Admit Card||August 2020|
|OPENNET exam||September 2020|
|Results||October 2020 to November 2020|
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Process:
The application cycle for the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course can be done in the online mode. Candidates need to finish the registration cycle of OPENNET test so as to be considered for admission to the course. The admission to IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course is done based on the student’s accomplishment in the OPENNET test. Applicants are needed to open the official site of the college and download the application form from the site. The application form is even available in offline mode as well as on the web. While filling up the application form, candidates need to enter some fundamental details for example personal, educational, contact, parent's details, and so on. Candidates additionally need to upload the documents of photo and signature in the given size on the approved site of the college. Candidates are advised to get a print out of the application form and the application form fee receipt.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Selection:
Candidates will be chosen region-wise based on the merit in the basic entrance test, coordinated by SED. Chosen competitors will be called for a regional counseling round for the document verification and confirmation process. The admission will be made region-wise after the counseling cycle is completed, based on merit from the list of qualified competitors in every classification. During the counseling round, candidates need to open the specific portal and fill up the enrollment form to participate in the counseling process. After that, candidates need to pick the choices they want to opt for and get the decisions filled in the counseling round. At the point when the counseling round is done candidates need to download a seat allotment letter from the official site of the college. At the point when the seats are allotted to the candidates, they have to see the details of the assigned college.
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Documents Required:
Candidates have to upload certain documents at the time of application form filling. The same documents have to be presented at the time of the counseling round by the qualified candidates. Without any document, the candidate will not be allowed to go further with the admission procedure under any circumstances. Candidates have to bring the original documents and self-attested photocopies of the below-mentioned documents:
- Candidate’s HSC (class 12th) mark sheet and certificate.
- Candidate’s SSC (class 10th) mark sheet or birth certificate for age proof.
- Candidate’s training and experience certificate.
- Diploma certificate of the General Nursing and Midwifery course.
- Admit Card of the OPENNET exam.
- Reserved category candidates have to bring the category certificate.
- Candidate’s recent passport size photograph. (2)
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing About:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, or IGNOU, has set up itself as the best open college in the nation. It offers plenty of courses for everybody. On the off chance that any individual wishes to opt for a course, they can undoubtedly get enlisted at IGNOU and get the best course material of that subject. One of the most famous courses at IGNOU is the Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing program. Consistently, an enormous number of applicants apply for admission to the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course of IGNOU. Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing, which is likewise known to as P.B.B.Sc. Nursing is the most ideal decision for competitors who wish to pursue a profession as a medical attendant. The term of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (P.B.B.Sc Nursing) is for two years. The point of this course is to make nurses who are medical care experts and have aptitude in working at clinics or offices. Candidates can likewise go for higher studies after finishing the course of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing and even go for the postgraduate or doctoral level as well.