Delhi University admission is now made online. Postgraduate course admission is made based on a common entrance test conducted by the University. Applicants seeking DU PG admission 2021 are required to register online on the official university web portal. There is a common web portal for candidate registration and a common application form for admission.
Table of Contents
- About Delhi University PG Admission
- DU Admission Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Process
- NTA Guidelines 2021
- DU PG Admission Checklist
- Application Fees
- Documents Required
DU PG Admission Details
Delhi University admission procedure is thoroughly detailed, and candidates can opt for applying online. Delhi University online admission provides an application form that the candidate needs to fill out correctly. The filled-out application must be submitted before the last date of Delhi University admission.
Delhi University admission is made through Delhi University Centralized Admission Management System (DUCAMS), equipped with an eligibility check tool that makes shortlisting of candidates easier. It has an applicant-friendly e-wallet that makes it easier for applicants to make payments. DUCAMS displays all the courses categorically along with the number of vacant seats available. It also sends alerts and updates through SMS, making every applicant aware of the admission procedure.
PG Application Important Dates
The University of Delhi PG admission 2021 important dates are released on the official website. Applicants are requested to note down all the dates so as not to miss any deadlines. The notification will include the application dates, entrance exam dates, admit card dates, answer key dates, result dates, and admission list dates in chronological sequences.
|Starting of application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date to submit applications||Last week of March 2021|
|Availability of admit card||Last week of April 2021|
|Exam date||1st and 2nd week of June 2021|
|Declaration of result||Last week of June 2021|
|Group discussion/ interview||2nd week of July 2021|
|1st allotment list release date||3rd week of July 2021|
|Document verification||Last week of July 2021|
|Commencement of classes||Month of August 2021|
DU PG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
Delhi University has various courses with different eligibility criteria and selection processes. Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria and courses set by the management that the applicants must follow.
Master of Arts
- Candidates must complete BA (Hons.) with a 50% aggregate in relevant subjects from a recognized university.
- Candidates must score at least 40% marks in relevant subjects from the University of Delhi.
Master of Business Administration
- The aspirant must pass a Bachelor's Degree in any subject with a 60% aggregate from a recognized university.
Master of Science
- Applicants must pass B.Sc. (Genl.)/ B.Sc. (Pass) /BA (Pass) with at least 60% aggregate from either Delhi University or any other University recognized by the University of Delhi.
Master of Library and Information Science
- Applicants must pass B.Lib.I.Sc. with a minimum of 50% marks.
Master of Technology
- The applicant seeking admission in du must pass B.Tech with 60% in aggregate from a recognized university.
Master of Computer Applications
- The candidate should complete a BCA with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board and with Mathematics and Computer Science/Statistics/Operational Research as subjects.
DU PG Admission Selection Process
The selection process for PG admission to the University of Delhi happens in two modes.
- Through Merit or Direct: 50% of the total intake shall be filled by Delhi University students' direct admission only, based on merit. Students may check University cut off lists to confirm their admission to the desired course.
- Through Entrance: Remaining 50% of the seats shall be filled through an entrance examination and Interview/Group Discussion. For the exact date of the Entrance Exam of individual courses, one should visit the PG admission portal. Each correct answer will be awarded four marks, and one mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
DU PG Admission NTA Guidelines 2021
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been entrusted with DU Admissions 2021 to Entrance-based Postgraduate Courses.
- The NTA can change or shift the examination city and center opted by the candidate to another center nearby.
- The competent NTA officials will try their best to identify applicants applying for admissions in multiple courses.
- The NTA will identify applicants with multiple courses application through the registration portal to allocate the same or any nearby Test Centres. The exam for these courses is on the same day.
DU PG Admission Checklist 2021
All candidates interested in the DU PG admission 2021 must ensure and double-check the following points to avoid any mistakes or confusion during the application procedure. Following are the checklists to keep in mind.
- For each program, a separate application form needs to be submitted.
- The admit cards will be provided through online mode only.
- The application fee is accepted only through the PG admission portal's online options on the website.
- The application fee is compulsory for all categories and will not be refunded or adjusted in any circumstances. The amount will be reimbursed if there is any relaxation for the same according to students' category.
- The application fee, once deposited, is non-refundable.
DU PG Admission Application Fee 2021
The DU PG admission application fee is different for students in various categories. The students are eligible to apply for more than one DU PG course and must pay the fees for each course applied.
- For UR, OBC, and other categories, INR 750 per course
- For SC, ST, PwBD, and EWS, INR 300 per course
DU PG Admission Documents Prerequisite
Delhi University requests its students to submit some documents for verification. Every applicant must submit two sets of self-attested photocopies of the documents at the time of admission. Listed below are the documents necessary for admission.
- If admission is made through online mode, you must submit the admit card for the entrance exam.
- A copy of classes 10 and 12 certificate or marks sheet to be submitted.
- Four passport size photographs should be shared with the institute.
- A consolidated marks sheet and degree certificate of qualifying examination marks sheets of all semesters and the provisional certificate must be submitted.
- An OBC/EWS/ SC/ST /CW/ PwD Certificate (in the applicant's name), if required, is issued by a competent authority.