Delhi University [DU] LLB Admission 2020: Documents Required for DU LLB Admission and Courses.
The University of Delhi (DU) has already started the online registrations for DU LLB 2020 entrance exam from June 20 onwards. Candidates seeking admission to the LLB course of Faculty of Law, Delhi University have to apply for the DU LLB entrance exam 2020 before the last date i.e. July 31. The National Testing Agency (NTA) in India conducts the DU LLB Entrance Exam for admissions to the three-year LLB courses which are offered at Campus Law Centre, Law Centre-I, and Law Centre-II of Delhi University. The exam is conducted at the national level at more than 18 test cities (listed below). Delhi University Admission grants to students on the basis of merit. An entrance exam is conducted by the University and admission is granted on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance examination followed by counseling and seat allotment process. Through the entrance exam, more than 2900 LLB seats are offered at the law centers of Delhi University. In this article, candidates can check here the entire process of DU LLB Admission 2020, Application details to be filled in the form online and Offline, Documents required for DU LLB Admission for uploading as well as fee payment.
List of Topics:
- DU LLB Admissions Checklist
- DU LLB Admissions Important Points
- List of DU Course
- DU LLB Admissions Eligibility Criteria
- DU LLB Admission Process
- DU LLB Admissions Entrance Exam
- DU LLB Admissions Documents Required
- DU LLB Law Faculty
- DU LLB College Preference
- About Delhi Univesity
|HIGHLIGHTS OF DELHI UNIVERSITY, NEW DELHI|
|Year of Establishment||1922|
|Affiliated to||UGC, NAAC, AIU, ACU, Universitas 21|
|University Ranking||11 (NIRF 2020- University)18 (NIRF 2020- Overall)|
|Number of Students||132,435|
|Campus Size||125 acres|
|Infrastructure||Library, Hostel, Sports Complex, Labs, Cafeteria, Convenience Stores, Gym, Hospital, Auditorium|
|Address||Benito Juarez Marg, South Campus, South Moti Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110021|
|DU Helpline Contact||[email protected] / 011-27008499|
DU LLB Admission 2020:
Delhi University grants admission to students on the basis of merit. An entrance exam is conducted by the University and DU LLB Admission 2020 is granted on the basis of scores obtained in the entrance examination followed by counseling and seat allotment process. Candidates have to fill the DU LLB Admission Form 2020 of the University's three-year LLB entrance exam as per the steps mentioned below.
There are 4 main steps of the DU LLB admission 2020 procedure which are as follows:
Step 1: Register online for the DU LLB exam. In order to fill the application form for the DU LLB entrance exam, candidates need to register on the official website of the exam. Here, candidates need to provide details such as their name, date of birth, mobile number as well as email address (as and in the format asked) and thereafter click on the submit button. As soon as this is done, candidates are provided account login credentials of DU LLB Admission Form 2020 on the email address provided by them.
Step 2: Fill details in the DU LLB application form. Next, the candidate has to log in on the official website of the DU LLB exam using their login ID and password. The application form contains the information provided by the candidate while creating the login ID. Thereafter, candidates need to fill the below-mentioned details in their DU LLB Admission Form 2020:
- Candidate’s name
- Date of birth details
- Alternate mobile number
- Qualifying exam
- Program preference
- Test center preference
- Educational qualification
- Year of passing
- College Preference
- Details of parents/guardians.
Step 3: Upload the documents. Further, the candidates have to upload the scanned copies of their identity proof, photograph, and signature as per the specifications of DU LLB Admission 2020.
Step 4: Pay the DU admission fee for LLB. To complete the application process of the DU LLB entrance exam 2020, candidates need to pay the application fee in online mode using either a Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking. The application fee payable for the respective categories will be notified.
DU LLB Admissions Checklist 2020:
All candidates interested in the LLB course offered by DU must ensure and double-check the following points in order to avoid any mistakes or confusion during the application procedure. Following are the checklist to keep in mind:
- DU LLB 2020-21 application form will be submitted online only and no offline medium of submission will be entertained.
- Incomplete applications may be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The receipt of the application will not mean that the application is complete.
- Once the form has been submitted, no changes can be made thereafter.
- The application fee to be paid online is compulsory. It will be the last step to submit a successful application.
- All candidates must take printouts of the DU LLB application form and fee receipt copy for future reference.
- Foreign nationals shall have to make an application for admission through Dean, Foreign Students Advisor of DU as per University guidelines applicable to Foreign Candidates.
DU LLB Admissions Important Points 2020:
During the time of admission, the following are some important extra points to keep in mind for every aspiring LLB applicant:
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the Entrance Test without a valid Admission Ticket.
- The LLB Entrance Test 2020 will be held online only at various centers as notified in the Post Graduate Admissions.
- If the candidates fail to clear the exams, they can appear next year after fulfilling the due requirements. There is no limit to the no. of attempts.
- The result of the Entrance Test will be notified on the University Website.
- The Answer Keys of LL.B. and LL.M. Entrance Tests will also be uploaded on the University website
- The character certificate and the OBC certificate of non-creamy Layer certificates produced must be 6 months old. The original character certificate has to be submitted by the student at the time of counseling and it will remain with the university.
- After the admission procedure is over, all admission files with the records of the students will are sent to their respective Centres who will handle all the queries thereafter. No inquiry relating to admission shall be entertained after the expiry of three months from the last date of admission.
- Candidates shall submit their original documents at the time of counseling and the documents will be returned after the process of verification.
- The counseling process of the candidate must be done in person. Any candidate failing to appear in person on the fixed date and time for counseling will have to forfeit his/her claim for admission.
DU Law Course 2020:
DU law faculty is situated on the Chhatra Marg, North Campus, University of Delhi. Law of DU is the time tried lawful institution of standard greatness. It is the national center of legal studies. since its inception in 1924, the department has been a leader producing many legal luminaries, Supreme Court and High Court judges, leading advocates, political leaders, policymakers, and trendsetters from all walks of life. The DU law course department has more than 130 teachers and about 7000 students at present including LLB, LL.M., and Ph.D. students but functions within limited resources. It is completely funded by the national exchequer through UGC and HRD Ministry. The present intake for LLB students is 2400 students.
As the number of students grew, the department established its first Centre as Law Centre – I in 1970 and the second as Law Centre – II in 1971. The LLB day classes of the Faculty of Law take place in the newly established Campus Law Centre.
DU LLB Course:
Delhi University offers a three year LLB - Post-Graduate Degree course. A student must clear at least five (5) papers to get promoted from the First Year to the Second Year and must clear fifteen (15) papers to get promoted from the Second year to Third Year. A student has to clear all the papers to get an LLB Degree.
DU LLB Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020:
For LLB admission in DU 2020, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to get into the DU LLB admission list 2020:
- Graduate/Post Graduate Degree from the University of Delhi or any other Indian or Foreign University recognized as equivalent by the University of Delhi.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying degree examination are also eligible to appear in the LLB Entrance Test.
- No candidate who has passed the LLB course from any University shall be allowed to take DU LLB admission 2020.
- For Unreserved Category and EWS Category candidates at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in the qualifying degree examination.
- For OBC/CW/PwD Category Candidates at least 45% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in the qualifying degree Examination.
- For SC/ST Category candidates at least 40% marks or an equivalent grade point in the aggregate in the qualifying degree examination
- Rounding off a fraction of marks is not allowed for LLB Admission in DU 2020.
DU Cut off 2020:
DU cut off 2020 determines the eligibility of the students applying to a course. Every student must go through the released DU cut off 2020 list to check their eligibility. The DU cut off 2020 varies from courses to courses. The list announced contains all the DU cut off 2020 listed below each college under the university. Until now DU's first and second cut-off has been released while the third cut-off list is soon to be announced. The number of DU cut off 2020 release will be based on the seats available.
DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020:
To get into the DU LLB Admission list 2020, candidates must give an entrance Exam.
- The LLB Entrance Exam will be held ONLINE at various centers to be notified by the University of Delhi. The schedule of the test will be notified later on the website’s Post Graduate Admissions, Bulletin of Information.
- The Exam will be of two hours duration for LLB Admission in DU 2020.
- The Test Paper will consist of one question paper containing 100 objective-type questions with multiple choice answers relating to the Constitutional Law of India, Jurisprudence, Law of Contracts, Sale of Goods, Cyber Law, and so on. In addition, a few questions may address contemporary legal issues.
- The language of the DU LLB Entrance Exam will be English.
- Each question shall carry four marks. For every correct answer, four marks will be awarded and for every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted. No mark will be awarded or deducted for a question that is left unanswered.
- The general instructions to the candidates are available on the University website.
DU LLB Entrance Test Fee:
- Online Registration Fee for DU LLB Entrance Test for SC/ST/PwD is Rs. 250/-
- For all others (Unreserved, OBC, CW) it is Rs. 500/-.
- The fee is non-refundable.
Documents Required for DU LLB Admission 2020:
There are various documents required at the time of applying for LLB. The applicants shall be required to upload the following documents in DU LLB Admission Form 2020:
- Identity Proof (Self-attested) (Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Voter’s
Identity Card/ Passport/ College Identity Card).
- Class 10th mark sheet/ Matriculation passing certificate is one of the Documents required for Admission to DU LLB.
- Character Certificate (not older than six months on the date of admission);
- Degree Certificate (Provisional Certificate if applicable) of qualifying Degree
- Disability Certificate in case of the candidates belonging to the PwD Category.
- Caste Certificate as issued by the competent authority for DU LLB admission 2020
Law Faculty DU:
Being the national hub of legal studies the law faculty DU has been striving to produce many legal luminaries, Supreme Court and High Court judges, leading advocates, and so on. The law department has the best alumni as law faculty DU. The institute has a multicultural environment located at the heart of the national capital, it attracts the best and brilliant students both nationally and internationally. The department has more than 130 law faculty DU in LL.B., LL.M., and Ph.D. Courses available in DU is completely funded by UGC and HRD Ministry. The department is continuously renovating, including infrastructure with state of the art facilities. All the case materials and books for LL.B. and LL.M. are revised by law faculty DU for every semester. Law faculty DU are pioneers in the field in several fields like Intellectual Property, Environmental law, Human Rights Education, Gender Sensitivity, and many other emerging cases.
DU LLB College Preference:
Delhi University has a list of DU LLB College preferences on the exam information brochure. There are three DU LLB College preferences namely Law Centre 1(LC1 DU), Law Centre 2 (LC2 DU ), and Campus Law Centre (CLC DU). DU Admission to the LLB program offered by these institutes based on the score in the entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). There are a total of 3320 seats. Here’s a list of all the available seats in DU LLB College preference centers:
|Law Institutes||Available seats|
About Delhi Univesity:
The University of Delhi, also known as Delhi University is one of the country's premier institutions. It was established in 1922. The university has 3 main campuses and is affiliated with 90 colleges with more than 700,00 students. The University strives to maintain high standards of education mixed with co-curricular activities and modern infrastructure. It began with 750 students. It offers 500 programs that are approved by Academic and Executive Councils and around 209 programs for NAAC accreditation purposes. DU admission is done online in various courses. The following article will cover all the details on DU LLB admission in DU 2020 and the eligibility criteria set by the institute.
Check more Admission details of Top Colleges:
- Bangalore University Admission
- Dibrugarh University Admission
- Pearl Academy Mumbai Admission
- Central University of Kashmir Admission 2020
- Jaipur National University Admission 2020
- Manipal Institute of Technology Admission
- Sathyabama University Admission
- Shiv Nadar University Admissions
- IBS Hyderabad Admission
- Kumaun University Admission