All candidates seeking Calicut University PG Admission should compulsorily register through the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). The candidates who fail to register through CAP will not be permitted to take in the Calicut University PG admission. Admissions to Calicut PG programs depends upon a candidate’s scores in a bachelor’s degree and the qualifying for the entrance exams. Most of the departments accept students on the basis of internal entrance exams. Few courses like M.Tech, MBA, MA, M.Sc., MCA, etc are offered for admissions under this exam. GATE score is considered for M.Tech admissions.
Table of Contents
- About CU PG Admission
- CU PG Admission Eligibility
- PG Admission Process
- PG Admission Checklist
- Application Fee
- Document Prerequisites
- Admission Guideline
CU PG Admission Details
University of Calicut PG admissions to the affiliated colleges are made possible with both entrance tests and the Centralized Admission Process. The online allotment process provides the interested candidates with the opportunity to obtain admission to any affiliated colleges under Calicut University and choose the program of their choice. For the centralized admission process, the university will release the allotment of Calicut University admission 2021. The admit card of Calicut University admission will be released three days before the examination. Given below are the dates candidates need to take a note of for CU PG admission 2021.
|Closure date of PG Admission 2020-2021||January 30, 2021|
|Rank List of M.Phil admission 2020||January 29, 2021|
|Admission confirmation for M.Phil admission 2020||February 1, 2021- February 4, 2021|
|Last Date of Spot Admission Application||January 13, 2021|
|M.Phil Entrance Exam Date||January 21, 2021|
CU PG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
Calicut University admission for PG has various different courses, and all of the courses have separate eligibility criteria and selection processes. Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria and courses set by the management that the applicants must follow.
Master of Commerce
- Any candidate who has passed B.Com or BBA degree of Institute recognized by UGC or AICTE with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade.
Masters of Computer Applications
- Candidates should have passed any bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade.
Master of Arts
- Any UG Degree, but preferably BA with at least 50% marks for languages or respective specialization (either in Part II or Part III).
- For candidates under the grading system, overall CGPA is at least equivalent to 50%.
Master of Technology
- The applicant must have a degree in BE/B. Tech or M.Sc in a related field from any statutory University approved by UGC.
Master of Business Administration
- A Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 pattern) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate including languages.
- Aptitude Test (CUMAT).
- Personal Interview.
Master of Science
- B.Sc degree of this University with respective specialization (main/core) with at least 50% marks or equivalent grade for Part III.
Calicut University PG Admission Process 2021
Calicut University admission to PG courses can be done on their official website. Calicut University has introduced the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP), a single admission window for candidates who seek Calicut University PG Online Admission to the UG/PG programs offered by the university. Calicut University PG admission online registration by visiting the official website. After the Registration, log in with CAP ID, registration number, and password.
- CU requests candidates to upload their photo, make sure the clarity is maintained.
- Fill-out the basic details as requested by the University.
- Enter the stream of study of the qualifying examinations, if necessary (Science, Humanities, Commerce).
- Verify the marks displayed automatically or enter the marks manually.
- Select college, course & priority (Utmost care should be taken while fixing the priority of the option. Priority and index marks are the base of the allotment).
Calicut University PG Admission Checklist 2021
All candidates interested in the Calicut University PG admission 2021 must ensure and double-check the following points in order to avoid any mistakes or confusion during the application procedure. Following are the checklists to keep in mind.
- Candidates interested in the courses offered by the colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut for the PG programs should compulsorily register through CAP.
- Payment of fees for online registration should be made only through the e-payment system.
- The application fee once remitted can not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Provisions for editing the finalized application will be provided to the applicants for any corrections towards the last date of online registration. All corrections should be completed on or before the last date for registration.
Calicut University Admission Fee
For the CU Admission fee payment, the website will be redirected to the University of Calicut Instant Web Payment System (CUIWPS) page where the student can select the desired choice of payment.
- The online registration fee of INR 650 for General Category
- For SC/ST Category, INR 440 will have to be paid by the candidates for completing the registration procedure.
After the payment and final submission, the candidates can take a final hard copy. The candidates receiving allotment should remit the mandatory fee prescribed in the admission notification. The mandatory fee needs to be remitted only once.
Calicut University PG Admission Documents Required 2021
A list of documents required at the time of Calicut University PG admission 2021 Kerala is many. The applicants shall be required to produce the following documents in original with two sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of admission.
- Class 10+2 mark sheets and certificates must be submitted.
- Bachelor’s degree mark sheets of all semesters must also be submitted with the application form.
- Bachelor’s degree provisional certificate/original certificate
- Candidates must also submit their character/conduct certificate from their previous institute.
- Transfer certificate and Migration certificate from the previous University must be submitted by the student applying.
- At least two passport size self-attested by the student should be uploaded
- An allotment letter must also be submitted.
Calicut University PG Admission Guidelines
During the time of the admission, the following are some important extra points to keep in mind for every aspiring Calicut University PG admission 2021 applicant:
- The printout of the online application and the payment receipt is not required to be sent to the University.
- The candidates are advised to keep the printouts with themselves and submit it to the colleges where he/she gets the final admission.
- After the allotment, the prescribed Mandatory Fee due to the University has to be remitted by the candidate through payment within the time given to claim the allotment. The candidates failing to do so will lose their current allotment and will be expelled from further allotments.
- The application will be incomplete without the final print out after the editing process.