About the Organizer :
The Industry Defined Problem, the flagship event of Radiance is back again this year to give all an opportunity to rack their brains in actual industrial problems. This year the problem statement is provided by Mahindra.
good chance to apply theoretical concepts to real world scenario, we present you an interesting opportunity wherein you need to come up with a new and efficient methodology methodologies for any 1 or both of the problems.
You can choose any of the following two problem statements:
Problem Statement 1: Dynamic Analysis of Belt Drive System to Estimate Steering Pump Shaft Loads
Problem Statement 2: Determination of Inertia Properties of Irregular bodies
The Industry Defined Problem is sure enough the most awaited event at Radiance 2016 with the highest prize money up for grabs.
The top winners will be given cash prizes worth INR 30,000.
March 13, 2016 - March 13, 2016
Rules and Guidelines:
1. Entries would be in groups of at max 3 members per group
2. The presentations should be submitted to '[email protected]' . The subject of the mail should be'IDP_name1_Name2_Name3'
3. The presentations must be mailed in standard pdf, .pptx or .ppt format only
4. The last date for submission of the entries is 25th Feb
5. The results of the first round declaring the selected candidates would be announced by 6th March
6. All the selected candidates would be communicated regarding the same via email
7. All the candidates selected for the final round will be awarded a certificate of excellence from Radiance IIT Bombay
8. The final round of IDP would be held on 13th March 2016 at IIT Bombay. The exact timing and venue will be communicated to the winners via email
9. All queries regarding problem statement should be directed to [email protected]
10.The winners for the event would be declared and felicitated on the spot after the judges are done with the evaluation.
The reports and presentations would be scrutinized by several experts and professionals both from IIT Bombay and from Mahindra. Top seven teams would be selected to qualify for the final round of presentation to be held at Radiance 2016. The judging criteria would be based on the following areas with respect to the presentations:
1. Adherence to theoretical concepts
2. Practical feasibility
4. Economic analysis
5. Quality of analysis
Besides, the final round will focus also on the presentation skills and the answers to the asked questions by the judges.
All decisions on behalf of team Radiance would be final and binding and will follow a perfect protocol.