Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan (BSER)
Updated on - Nov 27th, 2020 | 02:15 PM by Shraddha Virmani
Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan or BSER is an education board that was established in the year 1957 to meet the educational needs of individuals within the state of Rajasthan. It is also more commonly referred to as RBSE and its primary aim is to be a responsible body for the promotion and development of secondary education in the state. BSER conducts two major examinations for the students in school every year - RBSE Class 10th exams and RBSE Class 12th exams. In the year 2000, there were around 6000 schools across 32 districts of Rajasthan that were affiliated to BSER. The number of schools has only increased ever since, by 2014 there were 25,642 schools at the secondary level and about 9,241 schools at the senior secondary schools affiliated to the board.
|Conducting Body||Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan|
Overview of BSER
The responsibilities of BSER is as follows.
- Conducting the board exams for two major classes
- The board is also responsible for setting the curriculum and prescribing the syllabus for all classes.
- BSER prescribes the relevant textbooks for every class based on the set curriculum. These textbooks act as the primary source of reference for teaching and learning. The link to download the textbooks for various subjects for some of the classes has been provided below.
- Preparing the examination time table.
- Conducting the Evaluation process for checking the answer sheet and publish the RBSE final exam results.
- The board also provides additional study materials for students such as sample papers, previous years question papers for practice, set of preparation and examination tips.
- Aside from the board examinations, BSER is also responsible for conducting the following examinations.
- Class 9 Vocational Examination
- Class 11 Vocational Examination
- Praveshika Pariksha (Class 10)
- Varishtha Upadhyay Parisksha (Class 12)
- State Talent Search Examination (STSE)
- National Talent Search Examination (NTSE)
Overview of RBSE Class 10 Performance
The overall performance of BSER Class 10 students from previous years is given below.
|Total Number of Students||11,06,357||11,06,048||10,72,799||10,58,018||10,88,241||11,79,830|
|Overall Pass Percentage||78.1||75.89||78.96||79.86||79.85||80.63|
|Pass Percentage of Girls||77.87||76.02||79.01||79.79||79.45||81.41|
|Pass Percentage of Boys||78.41||75.7||78.89||79.95||80.35||78.99|
Overview of RBSE Class 12 Performance
In 2020, around 8,65,895 students appeared for the exams from all three streams - Arts, Commerce and Science.
|Total Number of Students||32,052||36,557||5,92,605|
|Overall Pass Percentage||91.96%||94.49%||90.70%|