Top Universities in India for B.Tech course overview, Fee Structure, Admission Process, Scope, Eligibility, etc. discussed in this article. Find the list of Top Universities in India for B.Tech to consider while starting a career in the engineering field.
B.Tech (Bachelors of Technology) course associated with a technical background. A B.tech degree is a skill-oriented course. Apart from the B.Tech degree, there is another course called B.E (Bachelor of Engineering). Both are similar degrees provided by different Top Universities in India for B.Tech. B.E/B.tech in the 4-year undergraduate program offered to students who want to pursue their career in the technical field. The students are provided education on various subjects depending on the area of interest. For example, students with an interest in computers and accessories can become a software engineer. Also, fields like Mechanical engineering, Civil engineering, Electronic, and telecommunications can provide a platform for students who want to become engineers. The primary criteria for any students to apply for B.Tech admissions in India is the 12th standard clearance. There are various top-ranked government colleges and private colleges that offer a degree in the engineering field. In this article, we have prepared a list of colleges to consider for Top Universities in India for B.Tech., and detailed information about the course and scope for each student.
List of Topics
- Top Universities in India for B.Tech Highlights
- Admission Process
- Fee Structure
- List of Colleges
Top Universities in India for B.Tech Highlights
Find below a brief description of the course and important points to keep in mind while choosing to study a B.Tech course from Top universities in India.
|B.Tech Course Highlights|
|Course Name||Bachelor’s in Technology (B.Tech)|
|Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with a minimum of 50% & above|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam + Merit-based|
|Course Fee||2,50,000 to 10,00000(varies as per the universities)|
|Job Positions||Mechanical Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Computer Engineer, Instrumentation Engineer, Project Engineer, Site Engineer|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Mahindra, Capgemini, Tata, SKF, Lear, Hyundai, Fujitsu, Siemens, Syntel|
Scope of Top Universities in India for B.Tech
B.Tech opens various horizons for the students interested in the Engineering industry. With an ever-growing demand in the Engineering industry, B.Tech students can bag excellent opportunities in the public and private sector companies. A few of the job profiles offered after completing a B.Tech degree are as follows:
|B.Tech Course Job Profile|
|Computer Science Engineer||Automobile Engineer|
|Robotics Engineer||Ceramic Engineer|
|Civil Engineer||Production Engineer|
|Mining Engineer||Mechanical Engineer|
|Chemical Engineer||Electronics & Communication Engineer|
|Electrical Engineer||Aerospace Engineer|
|Electronics Engineer||Software Develop|
|Aeronautical Engineer||Product Manager|
|Marine Engineer||Construction Engineer|
The students investing in higher education are always looking for long-term benefits. Some students can opt for programs like MTech / ME and MS after a B.Tech degree, while some go on to do business administration courses like MBA to work in corporate and MNCs.
- After completing B.tech, there are various advanced options that become open for engineering graduates.
- Most of the graduates select M.tech or MBA options for their career perspectives.
- A B.tech course offers students not only well-respected job positions also the best salary in the industry.
- Many talented engineering graduates graduated from top universities who become entrepreneurs and build startups in their respective fields.
- The long-term engineering background establishes enormous job opportunities for graduates and professionals as well.
Top Universities in India for B.Tech Specialization
The Top Universities in India for B.Tech offer diversified specializations in Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and so on. The most popular courses in India are:
Computer Science Engineering: Computer Engineering focuses on the details of computer-aided components' structure and integrates within the field of computer science and electronics to develop computer software and hardware.
Mechanical Engineering: The B.tech in mechanical engineering is a 4-year undergraduate program that deals with the study of mechanical artefacts like the flow of fluid, component design, stress analysis, statistical analysis, and computational dynamics.
Electronics and Communication: An Electronic and Communication engineer must develop prototypes of integrated circuit components. An engineer should have to study the various aspects related to communication and electronics equipment. An Electronic and Communication engineer is responsible for the foundation of electronic and telecommunication equipment.
Electric Engineering: An electric engineering deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. The electrical engineer designs develop, supervises, and moderates electrical equipment components.
Top Universities in India for B.Tech Eligibility 2021
The top universities in India for B.Tech have some standard eligibility criteria, apart from the entrance exams, also a part of admission. The various entrances are discussed further in the article.
- The candidate who wants to pursue a B.Tech education should have compulsorily passed. They're higher secondary or should be 12th pass.
- The passing percentage for a 12th pass should be a minimum of 50% or above.
- The candidates should have compulsory subjects in physics, mathematics along with topics like biotechnology, computer science.
- The candidates should have cleared entrance examinations like AIEEE, JEE-main/advance, depending on the university requirement.
- The eligibility criteria may vary as per universities and organizations.
Top Universities in India for B.Tech Admission Process 2021
In India, all technical programs such as B.Tech, fall under the regulatory domain of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as well as the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Admissions to B.Tech programs take place through various national level/state-level/institute-level engineering entrance examinations. Some of the top engineering entrance exams taken by a large number of students every year are listed below.
- JEE Main [Joint Entrance Exam Main]
- BITSAT [Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test ]
- VITEEE [VIT Engineering Entrance Examination]
- APEAMCET [Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Common Entrance Test ]
- JEE Advanced [Joint Entrance Exam Advanced]
- IISERAT [Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Aptitude Test]
- COMEDK UGETT [A consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Undergraduate Entrance Test]
- WBJEE [West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination]
- TS EAMCET [Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture, and Medical Common Entrance Test ]
- IPUCET [Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test]
- MHTCET [Maharashtra Common Entrance Test ]
- KCET [Karnataka Common Entrance Test ]
- KIITEE [Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination]
- SRMJEE [SRM Institute of Science and Technology Joint Entrance Examination]
- AEEE [Amrita Entrance Examination- Engineering ]
- MU OET [Manipal University Online Entrance Examination]
- SET [Symbiosis Entrance Test]
Top Universities in India for B.Tech Fee Structure 2021
If you have qualified in an entrance exam then can offer you a scholarship scheme, the application for a scholarship can be made to the respective state and college. The B.Tech course fees differ from different colleges or universities. On average, the course fees for the Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] is around INR 40,500 to INR 1,50,000 per annum. The total fee for the B.Tech program can be around INR 15,00,000 for the respective universities. The private universities in India generally charge a higher tuition fee. But if the students have completed the entrance exam and have their name on the merit list, many colleges can provide pocket-friendly tuition fees plus scholarships.
List of Top Universities in India for B.Tech
Find below the list of Top Universities in India for B.Tech courses. These universities are well-renowned and offer placement opportunities with graduates securing good packages and quality education by the end of the degree program. Click on the links below to get more information on each university listed.
- Indian Institute of Science, [IIS] Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, [JNU] New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University, [BHU] Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, [JNCASR] Bangalore
- Jadavpur University, Calcutta
- KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar
- Anna University, Chennai
- The University of Hyderabad, [UH] Hyderabad
- University of Delhi [DU], New Delhi
- Savitribai Phule Pune University [SPPU], Pune
- Aligarh Muslim University, [AMU] Aligarh
- BITS Pilani, Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- VIT University, [VIT] Vellore
- SRM University, Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, [SOAU] Bhubaneswar
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Gauhati University, Guwahati
- The University of Madras, Chennai
- MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, [MSRIT] Bangalore
- Symbiosis International University, [SIU] Pune
- Lovely Professional University, [LPU] Jalandhar
- Nirma University, [NU] Ahmedabad
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, [GGSIPU] New Delhi
- PES University, [PESU] Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, [NMIMS] Mumbai