Find the list of Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India in this article. The Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India listed with details such as Courses, Cutoffs, Admission criteria, Entrance Exams required, etc.
When it comes to pursuing an MBA in India, the well-renowned IIMs come to our mind. Every professional wants to have quality education and study from the top MBA Colleges in India. Among the IIMs in India, the top-ranked IIMs invite the most applications. But over time, the outline has changed and various other colleges have made it to the top MBA Colleges in India list apart from IIMs. In this article, we have listed the top 10 MBA Colleges in India according to the NIRF Ranking 2020. This list and detail about each college is a must for every student aiming for top-ranked colleges for their MBA degree.
List of Topics
List of Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India
Listed below are some of the Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India to be considered by anyone interested in getting an MBA Degree in India.
- Rank 1: IIM Ahmedabad
- Rank 2: IIM Bangalore
- Rank 3: IIM Calcutta
- Rank 4: IIM Lucknow
- Rank 5: IIT Kharagpur
- Rank 6: IIM Kozhikode
- Rank 7: IIM Indore
- Rank 8: DMS IIT New Delhi
- Rank 9: XLRI Jamshedpur
- Rank 10: MDI Gurgaon
Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India in Detail
Find below the detailed information about the Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India which are listed above. The information includes courses, admissions, cutoffs, etc. for each university in the Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India.
- IIM Ahmedabad: Indian Institute of Management, IIM Ahmedabad was established in 1961 by Dr. Vikram Sarabhai, Kasturbhai Lalbhai, and Ravi J. Matthai. IIM Ahmedabad has been number 1 in NIRF 2020 Ranking and has been India’s top one university for the longest time. IIM Ahmedabad courses offered include Executive MBA and PGP. The admissions are done through IIM Ahmedabad cutoffs and based on the category of students. The general category cutoff is around 80% with about relaxation of 10-15% for the SC/ST/OBC category.
- IIM Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management, IIM Bangalore was established in the year 1973 and is one of the top universities in Asia. The institute is accredited by EQUIS, a reputed international accreditation body. IIM Bangalore has many collaborations with leading organizations for women entrepreneurship as well as many non-profit incubations. IIM Bangalore admissions are based on CAT or GMAT scores. IIM Bangalore cutoff criteria vary from 90 -75 percentile based on the student category applying for admission.
- IIM Calcutta: Indian Institute of Management, IIM Calcutta was established in the year 1961 in partnership with the West Bengal State Government and the Alfred P. Sloan School of Management [MIT], the Indian industry, and the Ford Foundation. IIM Calcutta is especially known for the finance-related programs and is considered to be one of the finest B-schools in the world for finance. IIM Calcutta courses include various Executive programs, PG Diploma as well as an MBA with specializations. The top Business School’s cutoff is based on different programs offered ranging from 90 percentile to around 70 percentile.
- IIM Lucknow: Indian Institute of Management, IIM Lucknow was established in the year 1984 and had fully integrated into the top Global Management School delivering quality education in India. IIM Lucknow has been ranked in the 4th position in the latest NIRF ranking 2020. The IIM Lucknow courses offered include an Executive MBA, MBA, PGP, as well as PGD. IIM Lucknow admission process is conducted online by filling the form. The eligible students should qualify with the cutoffs set which are 70 to 90 percentile based on the category of students.
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur: Established in 1951 IIT Kharagpur is among the oldest and the most prestigious institutes of the IIT brands. The IIT Kharagpur campus is spread across 2100 acres with updated facilities for faculty, students, and staff members. Like IIT Bombay, this institution also has records of the highest student enrolment rate every year in India.
- IIM Kozhikode: Indian Institute of Management, IIM Kozhikode in Kerala was founded in 1997 and started with a batch of only 43 students, and is now ranked in the top management schools across the country. A great campus spread over 112.5 acres of land which is surrounded by hills, is located in the city of Kunnamangalam in Kerala. IIM Kozhikode has been ranked at the 6th position in NIRF ranking 2020. Some of the courses offered by this top business school are MBA, PGP, Executive MBA, etc. The cutoff for admission is every year around 90 percentile for general category students and relaxation up to 65 percentile for students in SC/ST/OBC category.
- IIM Indore: Indian Institute of Management, [IIM] Indore was established in the year 1996 with a 193 acres campus covered in lush green gardens and high-tech advanced facilities. IIM Indore has been ranked at the 7th position in NIRF ranking 2020. The PG courses offered include programs such as an Executive MBA, MBA, PGP, etc. The IIM Indore admissions are done through competitive exams such as CAT/GMAT and also on the cutoff.
- Department of Management Studies, [DMS] IIT Delhi, New Delhi: The Department of Management Studies, [DMS] IIT Delhi is one of the top-ranked management colleges in the country. It produces human resources with the most creative, competitive, and innovative characteristics with high intellect as well as ethical values with the best management skills. The university offers quality education in the management field. DMS IIT, New Delhi Admissions can be done online through the official website of the college. MBA, EMBA, and Ph.D. courses that are offered by the institute. The institute also has collaborations with different universities all over the world for exchange programs.
- XLRI-Xavier School of Management: Xavier Labour Relation Institute is located in Jamshedpur and was established in 1949. It ranks 9th in the NIRF Ranking 2020 amongst prestigious business schools. The university for long has been one of the most known and popular choices for MBA aspirants for a long time. XLRI provides a 100% placement guarantee and allows students to step into the business world with full confidence.
- MDI Gurgaon: MDI Gurgaon was established in 1973 as an autonomous institute and located in Gurugram The Management Development Institute is known for and offers various courses in Management. Ranking on 10th by NIRF Ranking, It is one of the leading institutes in providing a high-quality education in the field of Management studies. MDI is one of the top B-Schools in India offering PG programs of Management and is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education. It was also awarded an 'A' grade by the National Board of Accreditation, recognized by the South Asian Quality Standards [SAQS] and by the Association of MBAs [AMBA] as well.
Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India Entrance Exam
Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India accept students who have a valid score in their entrance examination. Some of the top-ranking MBA colleges accept entrance examinations like CAT and GMAT. There are some institutes that also counts the score in the entrance examination held by the colleges. Following lists all the institutes and the entrance examinations accepted by them:
|Top Ranking MBA Colleges in India||Entrance Exam|
|DMS IIT New Delhi||CAT|