Top B Schools in Mumbai according to NIRF 2020 Ranking. Find out details about the Top B Schools in Mumbai Eligibility, Admission Process, Top Recruiters, etc.
Colleges from the top B Schools in Mumbai 2021 are climbing up the ladder in the country's overall list of top business schools. Mumbai, also known as Bombay, is India's financial, commercial, and well-known entertainment capital. Mumbai has several top MBA colleges or Business schools (B-schools) that upskill tomorrow's entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Table of Contents
Top B Schools in Mumbai List and Ranking
The NIRF ranks colleges and universities every year under different categories and parameters. These ranks have proved to be a very helpful criterion for students to decide their dream colleges. Find below a list of Top B Schools in Mumbai falling under the NIRF Ranking under 100.
|Top B Schools in Mumbai||Ranking||Average Annual Fee|
|Shailesh J Mehta School of Management [SJMSOM] IIT Bombay||11||INR 4,24,000|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE)||12||INR 4,00,000|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR)||18||INR 14,00,000|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)||24||INR 9,25,000|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (KJ SIMSR)||56||INR 2,60,000|
|L N Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research||68||INR 11,00,000|
|N L Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research||76-100||INR 4,65,000|
|Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technology, [VESIT] Mumbai||76-100||-|
Some other famous B Schools in Mumbai to consider for an MBA degree are as follows.
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research, and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE)
- Universal Business School
- IES Management College and Research Center
- Atharva Institute of Management Studies
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS)
- SIES College of Management Studies (SIESCOMS)
- Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, [DSIMS] Mumbai
- Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Management, [LLIM] Mumbai
- YMT College of Management, Mumbai
- Institute for Technology and Management, [ITM] Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School, [IBS] Mumbai
Top B Schools in Mumbai Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Top B Schools in Mumbai MBA courses may differ from college to college. However, the essential eligibility criteria for MBA are as follows.
- The candidates must have passed graduation in any field or equivalent from a recognized university as an essential eligibility criterion for MBA (full-time).
- Most institutes follow the minimum score criterion in graduation, which is 50 per cent on average or equivalent. For the reserved category students, the minimum score is 45 per cent in aggregate.
- The final-year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for an MBA course, provided they need to present the proof of completion of graduation degree.
- Apart from merit-based admission, many Top B Schools in Mumbai also accept national and state-level entrance exams scores. These exams for MBA admissions are CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, GATE, MAH CET, MHT CET, NMAT, etc., to name a few.
Top B Schools in Mumbai Admission Process
The Top B Schools in Mumbai MBA admissions are done through popular MBA entrance exams. Some colleges also grant admissions based on state-level entrance exams.
- The total PG seats in Maharashtra for management colleges are 52,127 as per the latest AICTE data.
- For the management courses, the state's male candidate enrollment is 24,195, while the female candidate enrollment is 16,706.
- Apart from the entrance exams, Top B Schools in Mumbai also require the students to go through Group Discussion (GD) rounds and Personal Interview (PI).
- Many B Schools also consider the past academic records of the participating students.
- In most cases, the weightage given to the Entrance Exam is 65%-75%, GD/PI is 20%-30%, and the past academic records is 5%.
Top B Schools in Mumbai Scope
With the ever-growing demand for an MBA degree, the students can bag excellent opportunities in the public and private sectors. Some of the job profiles and study scope after an MBA are as follows.
|Job Profiles after studying from Top B Schools in Mumbai||
|Study Scope after an MBA||
Top B Schools in Mumbai Recruiters
Studying from a Top B School in Mumbai opens the door to top recruiters in the country. These companies hire MBA Graduates from well-reputed Business Schools. Following are some of the top recruiters from Top B Schools in Mumbai.
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai||
FMCG: Ab InBev, Dabur, Del Monte, HCCB, Nestle
Consulting: Accenture, Capgemini, KPMG, M N Dastur, PwC US Advisory, Optum Advisory UHG, Deloitte India
Manufacturing: CGCEL, Castrol, Hindalco, Maruti Suzuki, RIL, RPG
Retail & Ecommerce: ABFRL, Amazon, FirstCry, Flipkart, Metro Cash & Carry, Ninjacart, Ola Cabs
Others: Airtel, ACT Fibernet, Bajaj Electricals, Bizongo
|Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay, Mumbai||
Finance: Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of America, HSBC, State Bank of India, etc.Consulting: Accenture, PWC, Bristlecone, Capgemini, Deloitte
IT and Technology: Amazon, Samsung, Flipkart, SAP, Wipro, Snapdeal, Google, Infosys
Operations and Supply Chain Management: Britannia, Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Asian Paints, Britannia, Heinz, Reliance
Manufacturing: HP, Jindal, LAVA, Siemens, TATA Motors, Whirlpool
Healthcare: Cipla, ACG, PharmEasy, SUN Pharma, etc.
|SPJIMR, Mumbai||Ernst & Young, 3I Infotech, Citi Bank, Frost & Sullivan, 3M, Coffee Day Beverages, FTI Consulting, ABN Amro Bank, Cognizant, Future Group, Accenture, Credit Mantri, Galaxy Surfactants, Amazon, Crisil, Mahindra & Mahindra, Gartner, Indus Towers, Mphasis, Sical Logistics, IndusInd Bank, Myntra, Simplilearn, Infosys, Nazara Technologies, Schlumberger, Infrastructure Debt Fund, Netmagic Solutions, Sutherland Global Services, JDA Software, Newt Global, Symantec|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Management, Mumbai||ICICI Bank, ITC, Airtel, Amazon, Bisleri, Bajaj Electricals Ltd., Puma, LG, Accenture, Grofers, Deutsche Bank, Mercedes Benz, Cognizant, Dell, Google, Hero, Jio, Mahindra, MuSigma, Reliance, HDFC Bank, Wipro, Deloitte, Sun Pharma, Hindustan Unilever Ltd., VLCC, Axis Bank|
|NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai||Cognizant, Deloitte, EY, PwC, IBM and Microsoft, Centrum, Barclays Bank, CITI Bank, Credit Suisse, CRISIL, DBS Bank, DHL Express, FedEx Express, KPMG, Google, HCL, HP, HT Media, IBM, Info Edge (India) Ltd., Jindal Steel, KPMG, Microsoft, Shemaroo Entertainment, Whirlpool, Wildcraft|