The British School New Delhi. Find out more information about the British School in New Delhi such as fees, admission process, and other related information.
The British School, New Delhi is an independent English medium school that was established in 1963. This is a not-for-profit school that follows the National Curriculum of England that has been adapted to the international context from the Early Year Foundation Stage (EYFS) to Year 9, IGCSE curricula for years 10 and 11 and IB Diploma Programme for years 12 and 13. The school currently has around 1200 students from 66 nationalities enrolled. The British School in New Delhi also maintains a smaller student-teacher ratio of 1:8 to be able to provide individual attention to every student.
Table of Contents
|⭐ Top 10 CBSE Schools in India||⭐ Top 10 ICSE Schools in India|
|Established In||July 1963|
|Affiliation||EYFS, IGCSE, IB|
|Type of School||Co-Educational|
|Location||Dr. Jose P. Rizal Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi - 110021|
History- The British School, New Delhi
The British School in New Delhi was first founded in 1963 by 30 students of six different nationalities. The school was first aimed at providing education to the children of the diplomatic and expatriate community. It has widened its area of interest ever since to adapt the international and British educational system in an Indian context. The school is managed by the British School Society and headed by the British High Commissioner of India.
Admission - The British School, New Delhi
The first step towards admission to the British School, New Delhi, is to fill out an online application form that is available on the board's official website. The following documents will be needed at the time of registration,
- Passport copy of the student's passport and visa
- Passport copy of the parent's passports
- Passport size photograph of the student.
A fee of INR 20,000/- is required to be paid at the time of registration for the registration process to be successful.
The application form is valid for a period of two years from the date of registration.
Prior to the student appearing for the written examination, the following documents need to be submitted
- School report card of the student from the last 2-3 years.
- Recommendation form from the student's teacher at the previous school that needs to be submitted directly to the admission team of the British School.
- Health certification by a medical practitioner.
For year 1 to Year 9 - Written examination in English and Mathematics.
For year 10 and year 11 - Written assessment in English, Mathematics, and Science.
The examination will take place within the campus of the British School, New Delhi.
Face to Face Interview:
Upon successfully clearing the written assessment, the selected students will be required to come for a face-to-face interview. For overseas candidates, the interview may be conducted over a video call.
It is important to note that the choices of subjects for the IB program will be determined through the interview.
Fee Structure - The British School, New Delhi
Infrastructure - The British School, New Delhi
The school provides interactive air-conditioned classrooms to its students. All indoor spaces within the campus have their own air purification system. A number of facilities are present in the school to meet the needs of students not only at the academic level but also that assist in fulfilling their extra-curricular interest.
Awards and Recognition - The British School, New Delhi
In April 2020, the school won the Safety Excellence and Golden Award from Momentum India for meeting the health, safety, and environmental standards of international benchmarks. A few more recognitions are:
- Received two awards -
- Future Ready School
- Innovative School of India for Ed Tech Review's 2020 Summit Awards.
- The International School Awards, held in London, also rewarded the school for implementing the use of digital technology for learning in 2019.
- The University of Oxford presented the school with the Gold Standard Internship Host in 2018.
- The school was the first of its kind to be awarded a 5-star GRIHA (Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment) by the GRIHA Council, which is the country's national rating system for green buildings.
- The British School in New Delhi was also recognized in Fortune India's Future 50 Schools Shaping Success.
- The school was awarded the top British International School by the British International School Awards (BISA) in 2018. It has also been awarded an outstanding initiative to support student safeguarding at the same event that was held in London in 2018.