Ranking of Universities in Punjab: NIRF Ranking 2020 as a basis for the Ranking of Universities in Punjab listed in this article with details like admission, campus, recognition, etc. for each university.
Punjab is a Northern India State in India, forming part of the larger Punjab region. The state’s capital is located in Chandigarh and is the largest city in Ludhiana. Below you will find a list of universities in Punjab which have ranked on the top NIRF Ranking 2020. Universities in Punjab offer various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and certificate programs in different fields. Top ranking universities in Punjab are government or private owned with modern facilities and equipment such as hostels, libraries, computers, etc. In this article, we have listed and discussed the ranking of universities in Punjab which fall under the top 200 NIRF Ranking 2020.
Ranking of Universities in Punjab List:
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) considers all important parameters to allot scores to each university. The rankings are important for the students to choose a university that is government approved and well-reputed. The method for ranking in a meticulous manner and individual scores are allotted as per the parameter and a total score is calculated. Based on the NIRF Ranking 2020, find below the list of top Universities in Punjab.
Ranking of Universities in Punjab List in Detail:
Find the details of each university listed above with details about the colleges, admission, facilities, and many more.
- Indian Institute of Technology Ropar: Indian Institute of Technology Ropar was established back in 2008 and is considered to be one of the top engineering colleges in India. The Institute has received approvals from the University Grant Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The institute offers UG, doctorate, and dual degree programs for the students. The IIT Ropar faculty have a broad experience in the field of research and teaching. Indian Institute of Technology Ropar Admission can be through the official website of the institution and also offline inside the campus in the admission department. The IIT Ropar Infrastructure has a huge campus spread across over 500 acres with modern facilities like classrooms, laboratories, hostel, libraries, guesthouse, sports facilities, and, etc.
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala: Established in the year 1956, the Thapar Institute of Engineering is one of the oldest and most exceptional educational institutions in India. TIET Patiala is a pioneer in engineering education, innovation, and research. It has been accredited with an 'A' grade by NAAC and provides a cultured and acknowledged environment that enables the students, faculty, and staff to make enduring contributions to the advancement of learning. Teaching methods at this institute constantly puts an effort to provide quality education to students. The alumni of this college have stood out in different fields. For TIET Admission candidates can apply online through the official website of the college. The college is spread across 250 acres of campus in Patiala.
- Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar: Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology located in Jalandhar, Punjab. It is a technical university that received the assent as National Institute of Technology by the Government of India in 2002, under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi. This Institute was established in 1987 and provides various UG and PG programs. NIT Jalandhar Admission process can be done through various entrance exams depending on the courses opted. Dr. BR Ambedkar National Institute of Technology provides quality education in the field of engineering. The Institute campus is spread over an area of 154 acres which comprises all the facilities like administration, institution zone for teaching departments, a residential zone for the faculty and staff, students’ hostel zone, to name a few.
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh: Chandigarh University is a private university which was established by the Punjab State Legislature and is located in the Mohali district of Punjab. Chandigarh University is recognized by the UGC and has been awarded an ‘A+’ grade by NAAC. A wide array of UG, PG, and Doctoral courses in various specializations in the field of Arts, Engineering, Science, Technology, commerce, Architecture, etc are offered for Chandigarh University admission 2020. Along with the courses in different fields, the university also offers a few specialized programs in collaboration with IBM. The students are admitted to a different course based on their performance in the Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test and other National-level exam scores considered for admission depending on the course.
- Lovely Professional University, Phagwara: Lovely Professional University [LPU] is established in Jalandhar, Punjab, and is considered to be the most prestigious university in India under the Punjab State Private University. The university was established in 2006 and ever since its inception, it has consistently been ranked as one of the top universities in the country. LPU is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). LPU’s aim is to be recognized internationally as one of the well-known and reputed academic institutions, which also contributes towards the society and the industry through Research and Training, Entrepreneurship, Globalization, and Leadership. The college is spread across 600 acres of campus in Jalandhar.
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar: IK Gujral Punjab Technical University was established by the Act of State Legislature in 1997. The university is approved by the University Grants Commission [UGC] and All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]. Punjab Technical University Admissions are done based on qualifying examination scores. Being a top-ranked education and research university, it has the order to set up centers of excellence in technologies for advancing training and research & development in different fields. Currently, the university has about 121 AICTE and 65 UGC institutes affiliated to it. The University has facilities in the land area of 78.16 acres campus and it owns more than ten campuses.
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal: SLIET was established by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development [MHRD] in 1989 and was inaugurated on 20th December 1991. The college was registered under the Societies Registration act 1860. This institute is approved and recognized by All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE] for many courses like Diplomas, UG, and PG program. The colleges are accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC]. The institute held the status of the deemed university in 2006, where they have started Ph.D. programs. The campus is spread across 451 acres of land which is given by the Punjab government and is embedded with various amenities required for a complete township.
- Chitkara University, Patiala: Chitkara University was established in the year 2010 in Punjab. It is one fo the government recognized universities and has affiliations and various tie-ups with many universities. The University has various facilities that allow the students to have uninterrupted learning. The University aims to have global recognition and organization promoting excellence in academics through applied research and expansion of knowledge through innovation. Chitkara University UG Admission can be done online through the University official website into BBA, B.Com, B.Tech, BA, B.Pharm, BCA, and B.Sc courses with various specializations.