Engineering is the most popular career choice in India. Find out the ranking of engineering colleges in India 2021, courses, admission process, and eligibility criteria.
Engineering is the most popular career choice in India. Candidates should know the ranking of engineering colleges in India to have an idea of the competitors. Engineering gives a scope of vocation openings over all enterprises, making it one of the most sought after courses sought after by understudies after Class 12, particularly those from the Science stream. The B.Tech program is your entryway to a vocation in Engineering with a length of four years, followed by an M.Tech program of two years. Students keen on research work have an alternative to seek after a Ph.D which is of two-year length.
Table of Contents
Ranking of Engineering Colleges in India 2021 List and Fee Structure
NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework) is the Ranking office of the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. It delivers the most trusted and exhaustive Ranking rundown of the top schools in India consistently. NIRF rankings are provided for eight distinct classifications: university, college, engineering, management, architecture, pharmacy, law, and Medical schools. The below-referenced table shows the ranking of engineering colleges in India along with its fee structure.
|Colleges||Ranking||Fee Structure (Average)|
|IIT Madras||1||INR 75000|
|IIT Delhi||2||INR 225000|
|IIT Bombay||3||INR 211500|
|IIT Kanpur||4||INR 214000|
|IIT Kharagpur||5||INR 82000|
|IIT Roorkee||6||INR 221000|
|IIT Guwahati||7||INR 219300|
|IIT Hyderabad||8||INR 225200|
|NIT Trichy||9||INR 162000|
|IIT Indore||10||INR 234000|
|IIT Varanasi||11||INR 228000|
|IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||12||INR 230000|
|NIT Karnataka||13||INR 151000|
|Anna University, Chennai||14||INR 55000|
|VIT, Vellore||15||INR 198000|
Ranking of Engineering Colleges in India Course Specialization 2021
Candidates intending to consider Engineering courses in India can browse about 100 specializations. Probably the most distinct ones are mentioned below.
- Software Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Substance Engineering
- Data Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Biotechnology Engineering
- Food Technology
- Digital Communication
- Marine Engineering
- Oil Engineering
- Creation Engineering
- Aviation Design
- Automobile Engineering
- Correspondences Engineering
- Information Technology
- Game Design
- Biomedical Instrumentation Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Media transmission Engineering
Engineering Colleges in India Admission 2021
India has 4804 top engineering universities, out of which 3983 are private, and 822 are open. These schools offer instruction in both full-time and low maintenance modes.
- A few universities additionally offer correspondence training. The regularly offered courses in the top engineering schools in India incorporate B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D.
- Admissions to these schools are mostly made through public-level top engineering placement tests like JEE Main and GATE.
- Numerous schools additionally consider mainstream state-level engineering placement tests like TNEA, TANCET, UPSEE, MHCET, and KCET.
- Some private establishments also conduct entrance tests like BITSAT, SRMJEEE, VITEEE, etc., for admission.
Ranking of Engineering Colleges in India Eligibility Criteria 2021
Engineering courses can be sought after at UG, PG, Diploma, and Ph.D levels. The qualification standards contrast according to the course and branch chosen by the competitor. Nonetheless, given beneath is the eligibility criteria for UG, PG, Diploma, and Ph.D engineering courses for the reference of candidates.
- Competitors should have passed Class 12 from a perceived board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as centre subjects.
- They should have likewise made sure about at least 60 per cent total score.
B.Tech Lateral Entry
- Competitors probably spent a three-year Diploma allowed by the Board of Technical Examination of a State Government, with least 45 per cent total or proportionate.
- Competitors who have finished their BE/BTech degree with a legitimate score in GATE are qualified for the M.E./M.Tech degree course.
- Applicants probably passed Class 10/equal assessment, with at any rate 35 per cent in Science and Maths subjects.
- Just a couple of universities offer PG diplomas like IIT Gandhinagar, which is a one-year program.
- PGDIIT is offered in specializations, for example, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Earth System Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Materials Science and Engineering.
- The qualification is like the M.Tech course.
- Competitors probably made sure about at least 55 per cent total or 5.5 CPI in B.Tech/ M.Tech or identical degree in important streams.