Get complete analysis of NEET 2020 exam paper. Check the upcoming events details along with the detailed NEET 2020 exam paper analysis.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted the NEET 2020 exam on September 13, 2020. The exam was conducted in a single shift between 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM. The exam was conducted in a pen-and-paper mode in NEET exam centres across the country. More than 16 lakh students registered for the NEET 2020 exam. According to the students who appeared for the NEET 2020 exam, the paper was easier than last year’s NEET exam and the difficulty level of the paper was between moderate and difficult.
The overall paper analysis of the NEET 2020 exam is given below:
- The exam was a bit lengthy.
- The Physics section, which is usually the toughest section in the NEET exams, was relatively easy this year, according to most students.
- Chemistry was the toughest section in the NEET 2020 exam, according to students who gave the exam.
- Students found the Biology section to be lengthy and tricky too.
NEET 2020 Section-wise Paper Analysis
As per the trend of the previous years in regards to the NEET exam, students who studied the syllabus and question papers as prescribed by the NCERT had a slight advantage when it came to the questions asked in the exam. Most questions from the Physics and Chemistry papers were from the NCERT Class 12 syllabus while questions from the Biology paper were mostly asked from the NCERT Class 11 syllabus.
The section-wise paper analysis for NEET 2020 is given below:
NEET 2020 Physics Paper Analysis
The analysis for the Physics paper in the NEET 2020 exam is given below:
- The Physics section was the easiest of all sections in the exam
- The total number of questions in this section were 45, out of which 30 questions were easy, while 3 to 4 questions were difficult. The remaining questions were of a moderate level.
- In terms of the weightage, around 40% of the questions were asked from ‘Mechanics’ while 20% of the questions were asked from ‘Electrostatics and Magnetism’.
NEET 2020 Chemistry Paper Analysis
The analysis for the Chemistry paper in the NEET 2020 exam is given below:
- The Chemistry section was deemed by students as being the toughest of all three sections in the exam (although expert analysis suggests that the questions asked in the Chemistry section were easy)
- Most questions were asked from ‘Organic and Physical Chemistry’ with the weightage being 70%
NEET 2020 Biology Paper Analysis
The analysis for the Biology paper in the NEET 2020 exam is given below:
- The questions related to Botany were difficult in comparison to the previous year question papers, with most questions being asked from NCERT Class 11 syllabus
- The questions related to Zoology were moderate in difficulty
- There were certain multi-conceptual questions that required incisive and precise thinking.
- Though the Biology section was easy to moderate in difficulty, students found some questions to be tricky
NEET 2020 Answer Key
The provisional answer keys for NEET 2020 have been released by some coaching institutes, and students can download the PDFs of the same. The official provisional answer key will be released by NTA soon. Using the provisional answer key, students can calculate the tentative scores for the NEET 2020 exam. Students can raise objections to the provisional NEET answer key, and the last date to do so will be announced by NTA on its official website. The final answer key release and subsequent NEET 2020 Results will be announced on the NTA website in the last week of September.
NEET-UG 2020 Pre Exam Paper Analysis
Candidates looking for the complete pre-exam paper analysis of the NEET-UG 2020 exam scheduled for September 13, 2020, can refer to this article. The national-level exam is highly competitive and approximately 16 lakh aspirants will be attending the exam. The number of candidates answering the NEET UG 2020 exam is more than the previous year. The number of candidates who appear will affect the difficulty level of the entrance exam, which in turn will make the ranking process a little more complicated. On a similar note, the NEET UG exam for 2020 is said to be more difficult than previous years. This pre-exam paper analysis for NEET-UG 2020 will be considering the subjects, candidates and weightage of questions that will appear on the NEET UG exam question paper for 2020.
As the JIPMER/AIIMS exam has been cancelled this year, experts are of the view that the candidates who score over 600 will be in large numbers. This analysis is in ratio to the previous year rank holders and candidates who appeared for the 2019 exam. This year, the NEET-UG 2020 exam will be conducted offline for medical aspirants in India. Just as previous years, there will be three sections to the NEET UG exam namely, physics, chemistry and biology. With 45 marks each in chemistry and physics, and 90 marks in biology, the total marks for all questions will be 180. Candidates must keep in mind that biology is divided into botany and zoology. If you are getting ready to answer the NEET UG 2020 exam on September 13, 2020, read through to understand more on the questions that might appear in the exam.
Physics NEET-UG 2020 Pre-Exam Analysis
The NEET-UG 2020 pre-exam analysis for physics is summarized below:
- Among all the three sections, candidates have generally found physics to be the most difficult.
- NEET-UG experts and rank holders from previous years have always been of the opinion that physics has technical and tricky questions. Additionally, the questions are conceptual-based, so a lot of reading is recommended.
- These difficult questions will need a lot of calculation. Do not expect the physics paper for NEET-UG 2020 to be any easier than previous years.
Chemistry NEET-UG 2020 Pre-Exam Analysis
The chemistry pre-exam paper analysis for NEET-UG 2020 is listed below. Take a look and prepare well to crack the exam with a good score:
- Chemistry has been known to have easier questions, compared to biology and physics.
- Most of the chemistry questions are directly from NCERT textbooks which are always the first choice for candidates.
- SImple topics will always appear on the chemistry exam, and you can score high marks in this section
- Make sure to refer to class 11 and 12 textbooks without skipping any chapters.
Biology NEET-UG 2020 Pre-Exam Analysis
Biology includes zoology and botany. Take a look at the pre-exam analysis for this section, listed below:
- Biology is never consistent. Some exams have been easy, while some have been difficult.
- This year candidates can expect a slightly more difficult scenario compared to previous years.
- Biology has more essay and descriptive type questions which will take time.
- Make sure to practice and manage your time skills with mock papers and previous year question papers.
- Keep in mind; conceptual knowledge will be the key to acing this exam.