IIT Roorkee online courses are offered in various specializations. E&ICT Academy has collaborated with IIT Roorkee to provide online courses. like Big data, machine learning, and python beginner to advance. Check more about IIT Roorkee Online Courses and Fees 2020-2021.
IIT Roorkee formerly known as College of Civil Engineering at Roorkee, Thomason College of Civil Engineering, University of Roorkee, and finally IIT Roorkee is a public technical research university that functions within the Institutes of Technology Act. Amongst the 23 Institutes of Technology (IITs) established in India, IIT Roorkee is the seventh to be declared as an IIT in 1847 in Roorkee, Uttarakhand. It consists of 22 academic departments offering 10 and 55 disciplines in undergraduate and postgraduate programs respectively. IIT Roorkee online courses include UG, PG, and Ph.D. (doctoral) programs. The entrance tests such as JEE Main, GATE, IIT JAM, and NATA required changes according to the course selected by the candidate. The application mode for entrance is online. Every aspirant must follow the IIT Roorkee cut off while applying.
According to the World University Rankings 2019, it ranks 381 among other (national & international) colleges and universities. It ranks 3rd among other IITs according to Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2019. IIT Roorkee is an autonomous body functioning within the Institutes of Technology Act with receiving the 6th rank by the NIRF.
List of Topics:
- About IIT Roorkee Online Courses
- IIT Roorkee Online Courses in Details
- Upcoming Courses
- Ongoing Self Paced IIT Roorkee Online Courses
About IIT Roorkee Online Courses:
Electronics & Information and Communication Technologies Academy (E&ICT) is an initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) authorized by the Government of India. This initiative started in 2016 that now extends to across 300 collaborating colleges including the IITs and NITs.
E&ICT Academy functioning through IIT Roorkee provides opportunities to promote hands-on learning in the developing fields of Electronics & ICT domain by facilitating e-learning, online courses, FDPs, or one week short sessions, summer & winter training programs, etc. These programs are conducted by IIT Roorkee as also the local colleges and institutes through the provision of various activity centers via Online Live Classroom Hub. The Academy has signed Memorandum of Understanding(s) (MoUs) with well-known industry partners and renowned R&D organizations to gather leading academia and experts in different domains in order to continue Educational Programs for engineering graduates and working professionals to boost their knowledge and technical skills as well as augment their chances of employability. They deliver designed, developed and specialized modules specifically curated to certain research areas. They also offer soft-skill development modules. Given below are the objectives and features of the E&ICT IIT Roorkee.
- Collaborate with industries to conduct and promote training & research programs and encourage capacity building in the field of Electronics and ICT.
- To train faculty members of various institutions in the contemporary areas of ICT domain further having a cascading effect on the development of skills in students from participating colleges.
- To facilitate internships to students of participating institutes and industries that collaborate to train faculty members.
- Initiate and develop interactions and communication between industries, faculty, employers, and students to enhance the development cycle.
- Stimulate hands-on learning emphasizing emerging areas of E&ICT.
Some examples of the renowned academic partners are the National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra, University of Jammu Jammu Tawi, Chitkara University Himachal Pradesh, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya Haridwar, IRDT Dehradun, National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand, KIET Group of Institutions Ghaziabad and many more. Some of their infamous and emerging industry partners are NVIDIA, CLOUDXLAB, Diginique TechLabs, Coreel Technologies, STEPS Knowledge Services Pvt Ltd, Texas Instruments, and so on.
IIT Roorkee Online Courses in Details:
From conducting the courses in the host colleges like IIT Roorkee and setting venues for subsequent lectures to having live sessions, E&ICT IIT Roorkee has conducted approximately 200 sessions in the emerging fields of Information and Communication Technologies. The latest courses were conducted in various segments of electronics, listed below.
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning using Python
- Prerequisites: Fundamental knowledge of any programming language (not mandatory).
- Non-refundable registration fee: INR 8000
- Live Instructor-led Classes: 40 hours
- Doubt Clearing: 3 hours
- Provisions: Learning material, certificates, expert sessions, video lectures, career guidance, hands-on sessions from industry experts, lectures from IIT Roorkee.
- Full Stack Web Development
- Cyber Security & Cryptography
- Eligibility: Undergraduate or postgraduate students, faculty members, industrial professionals.
- Nonrefundable course fee range: INR 250 - 500
- Misc.: Online registration, selected candidates will be notified via email.
- Practical Quantum Computing using Qiskit and IBMQ
- Eligibility: Faculty members, Ph.D. research scholars, and students from academic and research institutions are welcome to apply.
- No fees required for registration or course.
- Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security
Core and Upcoming IIT Roorkee Online Courses 2020:
IIT Roorkee online courses offered are in various specializations. IIT Roorkee is looking to include new core courses to its online studies. Following are the core and upcoming IIT Roorkee courses for online studies:
- Embedded Systems, DSP & Sensors
- Network and Cyber Security
- Power Electronics and Power Systems (Renewable Energy)
- CAD for VLSI, VLSI Circuit Design
- Testing & Verification, Ethical Hacking
- PCB Design and Fabrication
- Web Technologies, Mobile App Development
- CAD/CAM, 5G Communication
- Optimization Techniques
- Deep Learning, Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing
- IoT and its Applications, Programming
- HPC and Parallel Programming
- Big Data Developer, Data Analytics with Python
- RF and Microwave System Design
Ongoing Self Paced IIT Roorkee Online Courses 2020:
Each program has its own unique approach to peruse. The study material and professors will change according to the program. Every upcoming program has a lot to offer in the emerging field of Electronics and ICT. All courses mentioned in the table above have a Timely Doubt Resolution facility. They all are Certification Courses from E&ICT (IIT Roorkee) and most are compatible with Hortonworks, Cloudera Certifications. The fundamentals of the programs are given below in a tabular form:
|Name||Rating (out of 5)||Learners||Hours (self-paced)||Days of Lab|
|Python for Beginners||4.5||3532||30+||(cloud-based labs)|
|Data Science Specialization||5||13500+||200+||</> 270|
|Data Engineering with Hadoop and Spark||5||25000+||60+||90|
|Machine Learning Specialization||5||31000+||130+||180|
|Python For Machine Learning||5||19732||40+||</> 30|
|Big Data Engineering with Spark||4.5||25000+||30+||60|
|Big Data Engineering with Hadoop||4.5||25000+||30+||60|