Government Medical Colleges in Delhi list with details about Admissions and Eligibility discussed in this article. Find the list of top Government Medical Colleges in Delhi with details on Courses, Entrance Exams, Job Opportunities, etc.
Medical courses in India are offered under several specializations, including Medical and Biomedical Sciences, Allied Health, Nursing, Pharmacy, Health, and Fitness. A program in Medicine and Health Sciences requires the aspirants to learn and abide by the oath for the ethical conduct of practice in terms of patient care, teaching, and research. Students qualifying Medical and Health Science can get career possibilities from hospitals, private clinics in the Healthcare sector. A Medical and Health Science graduate can also work with research centres, laboratories, and the pharmaceutical industry. Healthcare is one of the largest service sectors in India, comprising of hospitals, clinical procedures, telecommunication, medical equipment, and IT for the medical field, medical tourism, and health insurance. Delhi being the capital of India is equipped with facilities for top education. The medical colleges in Delhi rank well concerning the medical colleges all over the country. Government medical colleges in Delhi provide good scope for the students who want to practice medicine.
List of Topics
- About Government Medical Colleges in Delhi
- Eligibility Criteria
- Entrance Exams
- Job Opportunities
About Government Medical Colleges in Delhi
There are nearly 4,200 medical colleges in India that offer medical courses, out of these almost 1,950 colleges are private, 422 are public, and rest are public or private. A total of 481 medical colleges in India are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and the remaining 361 have NAAC accreditation. Lastly, 84 colleges are also part of the CCIM (Central Council of Indian Medicine). There are currently 1,066 private and 584 Government medical colleges in India.
Government Medical Colleges in Delhi Courses
Specialization in core medical courses usually begins after completing 10+2 class examination. Here is a list of courses that a medical degree aspirant can pursue to build a bright career:
|Bachelors||5 to 5.5 yrs (1-year internship)||
|Diploma||1.5 to 4 yrs||
|Certificate Course||1.5 to 2 yrs||
|Doctoral||2 to 3 yrs||Ph.D. in Medicine|
Government Medical Colleges in Delhi Colleges
Following is the list of Government medical colleges in Delhi to consider while starting a career in the medical field. The first six colleges mentioned below rank in the top 30 NIRF 2020 ranking for medical colleges criteria.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, [AIIMS] New Delhi
- Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, [VMMC] New Delhi
- Maulana Azad Medical College, [MAMC] New Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences, [UCMS] New Delhi
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, [LHMC] New Delhi
- Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, [PBDSPGIOMS] Rohtak
- LLRM Medical College, [LMC] Meerut
- Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, [VPCI] New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, [JNU] New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, [GGSIPU] New Delhi
- SGT University, Gurgaon
- North Delhi Municipal Corporation Medical College, [NDMC] Delhi
- Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College and Hospital, [KCGMC] Karnal
- University of Delhi [DU], New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, [IGNOU] New Delhi
- Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College, [AAUTC] New Delhi
- Nehru Homeopathic College, [NHC] New Delhi
- National Institute of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, [NIOTARD] New Delhi
- Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences, [IHB&AS] New Delhi
Government Medical Colleges in Delhi Eligibility Criteria 2021
Getting admission in medical colleges demands excellent determination and hard work to prepare for the entrance examination along with the studies during the coursework. The field requires not only professional commitment but a promise to save the life of an aggrieved person. Find below the eligibility criteria and entrance exams to seek admission to medical courses.
- Undergraduate course: The undergraduate course is known as MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery). An MBBS aspirant has to apply for the entrance exam after completion of 10+2 with a minimum of 55% marks and should also have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology during the 10+2 level.
- Postgraduate course: To pursue an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine), the aspirant needs to possess an MBBS degree along with a compulsory 1-year internship experience.
- Doctoral Course: Also known as the DM degree, it is a doctorate awarded by many universities in India and is equivalent to a PhD degree. Doctors possessing an MD degree are eligible for this course.
Government Medical Colleges in Delhi Admission 2021
The admission to an MBBS degree in India, students, compulsorily need to attend the NEET examination. NEET examination is conducted once a year all over India. There are other entrance examinations for undergraduate medical degrees such as AIIMS, AIMS CET, COMEDK, etc. For postgraduate medical degree admission, students need to attend entrance examinations such as AIIMS PG, JIPMER PG, PGIMER, AIIMS SS, etc.
Government Medical Colleges in Delhi Entrance Exam 2021
Following are some of the entrance exams to keep in mind while applying for admission in the Government medical colleges in Delhi:
|Doctoral Course Exam||
Government Medical Colleges in Delhi Job Opportunities 2021
The medical profession offers various promising career growth to medical degree aspirants. Healthcare practitioners from the medical domain have a broad scope of employment in India and abroad. Find below a list of job profiles and an estimate of salary packages offered.
Job Profiles: Junior doctors, Doctors, Physicians, Junior Surgeons, Medical professors or lecturers, Researchers, or Scientists are some of the jobs for a recent MBBS graduate.
Salary Offered: An MBBS doctor’s salary range is approximately 3-4 lakhs at the beginning of their career. Once they start gaining experience and knowledge, the salary shows an upward trend as well. Doctors have the potential to earn a decent wage, especially when they are in their late-career.