Get complete information on GATE Registration 2022. Check the Registration Commencing Date, Last Date, Fees, Registration Link, Documents Required and more.
The GATE 2022 registration process is yet to start. The registration will be completely online and candidates have to visit the GATE Online application processing system (GOAPS) for registration.
To register for the GATE 2022 exam, candidates must meet the eligibility criteria specified to appear for the exam. Moreover, a candidate must hold a bachelor's degree from a recognized university. On the positive side, two new subjects have been added as per the eligibility criteria. Take a look at the fee structure mentioned below and the required documents for GATE 2022 registration to make the process easier.
GATE Registration Dates 2022
The dates for the GATE 2022 registration and application process are yet to be announced. Any changes in the dates will be updated on this page once the official announcement is made by the GATE 2022 conducting authority. Make sure you check back on this page for more details on important dates related to GATE 2022 registration.
|The official website goes live||To be announced|
|Application form availability||To be announced|
|Last date to fill the registration form||To be announced|
|Last date to register with late fee||To be announced|
|Registration form correction window (additional fees required)||To be announced|
|Application correction window for exam center change (no fee charged)||To be announced|
The GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test is one of the most reputed examinations in India seeing candidates secure seats in M.Tech courses offered by prestigious private and government institutions. The IITs and IIScs conduct this examination every year, and there are certain eligibility and requirements to be met. This article will help you understand the registration process for GATE 2022 better.
Documents Required for GATE Registration Process 2022
GATE Registrations for 2022 require the following documents for the registration process. Keeping these documents in hand will make the entire process easier and more convenient for candidates:
- A Scanned Passport size photograph (specifications mentioned below) and Signature of the candidate.
- Candidates must possess a valid ID with photos such as an Aadhaar Card/Passport/Driving License/PAN Card/Voter ID/College ID/Employee Identification Card/Notarized. Affidavit with Photo, Signature, Date of Birth, and Residential Address.
- Candidates from outside India must possess a passport as valid ID proof.
- A graduate degree certificate, provisional certificate, or certificate of course completion is mandatory.
- The mark sheet of the 5th, 6th, and 7th semester is necessary.
- If the candidate is in the final year, a provisional certificate letter issued by the dean or registrar is mandatory.
- The mark sheet for section A is mandatory for candidates in the final year of AMIE, in case of professional equivalent qualification.
- Caste, disability, or PwD certificates, if applicable.
- A qualifying degree certificate is mandatory for candidates pursuing a higher degree or master's course.
- If the candidate has a backlog, they must upload a copy of the final year mark sheet from the current institution.
Photograph and Document Specifications for GATE Registration 2022
The documents mentioned above must be uploaded based on the following particulars. We have specified the size requirement for your convenience. Make sure you check back on this page for more updates on GATE 2022.
|Passport size photograph (white background)||2 kb -200 kb|
|Signature in running handwriting||2 kb-150 kb|
|Category Certificate||10 kb -300 kb|
|PwD Certificate||10 kb -300 kb|
How to Register for GATE 2022?
The GATE online form for 2022 is straightforward and easy to fill; however, we have listed the process below for your convenience. Take a look at the steps below:
- Registration: Log in to the GATE 2022 official website (appsgate.iitb.ac.in) and enter details such as the candidate's name, address, and contact information. Be careful when you enter your mobile number and email ID, as this will be your only contact for all communications. You will also have to create a password for your ID on the GOAPS.
- The Application Form: For GATE 2022, candidates will have to access the application form by logging in using their enrollment ID and password. Candidates can select their exam city and enter academic and qualification details. Also note, candidates must enter their address for all communication.
- Upload Required Documents: The documents mentioned above must be kept in hand, so this process goes smoothly. Double-check the size of the images and documents, so there is no confusion throughout the process. Submit the documents and move on to the next step.
- Fees/ Payments: Candidates can make payments for the GATE 2022 registration process through net banking, credit cards, or debit cards. GATE 2022 does not have an E-challan payment mode, and the application fee is non-refundable. A candidate who comes under the SC/ST or PWD category can evoke their fee concessions after submitting the required documents.
|Category||Normal Registration Fee||Late Registration Fee|
|Women||INR 750||INR 1250|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 750||INR 1250|
|All Other Candidates||INR 1500||INR 2000|
|For Exam Center in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|For Exam Center in Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
Note: If the payment for GATE registration 2022 has been debited, do not immediately make another payment. The payment will reflect in a day or two. Check your GATE 2022 application status regularly or contact your bank before making a second payment.
Resolved Payment Issues For The GATE Application Form 2022
In the event that your payment is not reflected in the first go, another payment must not be made immediately. You should wait for at least two days before checking the GATE 2020 Application Form Status, and make the payment. You should only make another payment in the case of an unsuccessful payment. If you’ve paid any extra fees, you will be refunded with the amount automatically being credited to your respective bank account (which may take a week or more, after the closure of GATE Registration).
Corrections for GATE Registration Form 2022
Once the application form is submitted, it is sent to the GATE 2022 authority. Here, the document is checked, and candidates are informed in the event of mistakes on the document. They can rectify these mistakes; however, there is a small fee to be paid. Candidates should note that details such as an address, graduation details, date of birth, and category can be changed on the application form. In case the documents uploaded are not clear, they need to be reuploaded as well.
However, candidates cannot change their contact Email ID or Mobile number on a submitted application. We advise candidates to be very careful because of this, as it is the only means of communication for GATE 2022. In case the email ID or mobile number is incorrect, candidates must reapply for the GATE 2022, and the registration fee is non-refundable.