Learn everything about Bangalore Military School. Find details about the facilities, infrastructure, fees, and admission process of Bangalore Military School.
Rashtriya Military School is a fully residential school that was established in the year 1946. The school is one of five military schools in the country. The primary aim of this Bangalore Military School is to help in students' academic growth and provide the necessary training for army examinations such as Indian Special Certificate for Training and admission into the National defence academy and other well-reputed defence institutes. The school is reputed to have produced several candidates in the armed forces over the years. Bangalore Military School is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and provides education to students from classes 6th to 12th.
Table of Contents
|⭐ Best CBSE Schools in Bangalore||⭐ Best Schools in Mumbai||⭐ Best Schools in Delhi|
|Type of School||All Boys|
|Address||No. 250/40, Museum Road, near Johnson Market, Bengaluru, Karnataka - 560025|
Infrastructure - Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore
The school is built over a 68-acre campus, with a cafeteria, assembly hall, auditorium, library, and hostel facilities. The school has separate laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology and Computer and an eight-bedded hospital with a medical officer and two attending nurses. Besides academic facilities, Bangalore Military School also offers numerous sports facilities such as a multi-purpose playground, fully furnished courts, judo hall, swimming pool, basketball court, gymnasium, judo hall, and a boxing ring. As the school is recognized by the Sports Authority of India (SAI) as a nodal center for boxing, regular boxing lessons are taught.
Eligibility for Admission - Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore
Bangalore Military School conducts the admission process for admission to class 6th and class 9th. Therefore, it is essential to note the following eligibility criteria before seeking admission.
- Class 6th- For admission to class 6th, the student must be between the ages of 10 and 11 years on July 1st of the academic year. Students must either be studying in class 5th or completing class 5th from a recognized school at the time of application.
- Class 9th- For admission to class 9th, the student must be between 13 and 14 years old on July 1st of the academic year. The student must either be studying in class 7th or completing class 7th from a recognized school at the time of application.
All the students must undergo a medical examination from a recognized military hospital before admission. Only those students who are deemed medically fit will be granted admission.
RMS Admission Process - Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore
The first step of the admission process is to fill out admission forms available at any of the Rashtriya Military schools across the country. Applicants can collect the application form upon paying a nominal fee, and parents can also choose to receive the application form via post through the post forwarding self-addressed slip.
A Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted to seek admission to any of the Rashtriya Military Schools. The exam is a computer-based OMR test based on the previous year's curriculum of the class for which the student is seeking admission.
- Class 6th- Students will be tested on English, Mathematics, Intelligence, and General Knowledge.
- Class 9th- Students will have to answer questions from English, Hindi, Maths, Science, and Social Science.
The final step of the admission process is a personal interview round. Students who have cleared the written standard entrance examination will be required to attend a face-to-face interview conducted within the school campus.
Fifty seats in its entirety are reserved for the children of those service personnel who were killed in action. The reservation process is:
- 70% of the seats are reserved for JCO's children, OR in the Army, Navy, and Airforce. This includes personnel who are currently serving as well as ex-service personnel.
- 20% of the seats are reserved for the officers' children, while 10% is for civilians.
- 15% of the seats from all categories are reserved for SC candidates, while 7.5% is reserved for ST candidates.
Fee Structure - Rashtriya Military School, Bangalore
The annual fee structure varies for students belonging to different categories as given below.
|Category||Annual Fee Payment|
Students belonging to the SC/ST will be required to pay only 25% of the annual fee mentioned for their respective category, and fees are waived off for children of service personnel who were killed in action.