AYUSH Counselling 2020 will begin from Nov/26/2020 for NEET. AYUSH 2020 counseling will be conducted in an online mode. AYUSH Counselling provides admission to various courses such as Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. Check more Details about AYUSH
The AYUSH counselling procedure is conducted by AACCC AYUSH (Admissions Central Counselling Committee). AYUSH is an abbreviation for Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. It is affiliated with the Indian Government which provides education, research, and developments in the field of traditional medicinal science. AYUSH promotes a way of healthy living and how to prevent diseases. It depends on the practice of therapeutic philosophies. The medicines by AYUSH are cost-effective, timely, and well tested. Shripad Yesso Naik currently heads the Ministry of AYUSH.
Table of Contents
AYUSH Counselling Colleges and Process
The candidates must qualify for the NEET exam to appear for the counselling session. The candidates need to apply for the counselling process on the official website of AACCC AYUSH. They need to provide the necessary details such as name, date of birth, contact number, email address, and NEET roll number. If the candidate has not filled the choice preference, then the candidate will be disqualified from the counselling session. The list of colleges below offer admission to various AYUSH courses.
- National Institute of Ayurveda
- Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Science and Ayush University of Chhattisgarh
- Shri Krishna Govt. Ayurvedic Medical College
- Govt. Ayurveda and Medical College and Hospital
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University
- Govt. Ayurveda College
- National Institute of Homeopathy
- Govt. Nizamia Tibbi College
- Bundelkhand Govt. Ayurvedic College
- North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homeopathy
- National Institute of Siddha and Hospital
- The Calcutta Homeopathy Medical College and Hospital
- Uttarakhand Ayurved University
- Guru Ravidas Ayurved University
- White Memorial Homeopathic Medical College
- Burdwan Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences
- Ch. Brahm Prakash Govt. Engineering College
- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru State Homeopathic Medical College
AYUSH Counselling Courses
AYUSH is a set of courses comprising Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy. It is a traditional medical science study. Candidates can check below the courses offered by AYUSH in a detailed view.
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery||Ayurveda|
|Regular Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Physiotherapy||Yoga and Naturopathy|
|Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery||Unani|
|Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery||Siddha|
|Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery||Homeopathy|
Ayurveda roots back to ancient times of India. It is a traditional practice that has evolved with the growing modern times. It is a practice of alternative medicine. The educational degree of Ayurveda is a Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery or BAMS.
Yoga and Naturopathy
Yoga has been in trend since time eternity. It exercises and helps in breathing techniques. It is the oldest tradition which is now worldwide famous. Yoga helps in every way possible. It is considered to be the fittest form of exercise and practice. Most of the Western countries have now utilized these Yoga practices. Naturopathy comes from Latin-European cultures, which helps in the healing of one’s body. The word itself signifies that it comes from ‘Nature’; therefore, it uses natural remedies for self-healing. The degrees offered for these practices are regular B.Sc. or BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy).
Unani or Yunani, origins back from the traditions of ancient Persia is the most popular practice in the world. Unani was brought to India by the Persians and Mughals. It uses herbal remedies, dietary practices, etc. The degree offered is Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery or BUMS.
Siddha is similar to Ayurveda. It originated from Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka in manuscripts of Palm-Leaves. It is a practice of self-healing from natural herbs. Siddha is a widely used practice that helps in physical and spiritual development. It not only helps the body but also the mind and soul of an individual. The degree offered is Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery or BSMS.
Homoeopathy originated from the 18th century of European culture and was founded by Samuel Hahnemann. It helps in the self-healing of the body. The patients are given tablets based on their symptoms and overall health of the individual. It is a widely used practice among everyone. Homoeopathy cures mostly all acute illnesses. The degree offered is Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery or BHMS.
AYUSH Counselling Admission
Many colleges in India intake students for AYUSH based on their NEET scores, and then conduct counselling for the admission. An entrance exam will be conducted for both UG and PG courses. 15% of the seats are reserved for AQI or All India Quota.
Candidates have first to register themselves on the NEET counselling and AIAPGET website, filling up the necessary details, and choose the course and college for the same. The seat will be allotted to the candidate after the exam is conducted. After the allotment of the centre, the candidate has to visit the college with the allotment letter print out and secure admission. If the candidate did not get the preferred college, He/She could again register following the same procedure. Candidates can check below the entrance for admission:
- UG AYUSH Courses: NEET Exam
- PG AYUSH Courses: All India AYUSH Post Graduate Entrance Test (AIAPGET)
After the filling in the online AYUSH registration form, the candidate has to pay the application fee, which is mentioned below for the different categories.
|Fee type||Institute||Category||Fee (INR)|
|AYUSH Registration Fee (Non-refundable)||Government/Aided||General/OBCSC/ST/PwD||INR 1000 INR 500|
|AYUSH Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)||Private/Deemed||All categories||INR 5000|
|Security Money (Refundable)||Government/Aided Private/Deemed||--||INR 10000 INR 50000|
AYUSH Counselling Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the AYUSH exam are similar to that of the NEET exam. Candidates can check the pointers below:
- The candidate should clear the NEET examination.
- He/She should have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as their mandatory subjects.
- He/She must have scored a minimum of 50%(General category) in the above subjects. For SC/ST candidates, it is 40%, and for PH candidates, it is 45%.
Ayush Counselling Cut off
Minimum qualifying percentile is 40 to 50 that is 130 - 120 to 720 -140 cut off marks respectively in NEET for National Institute of Ayurveda, Bundelkhand Govt. Ayurvedic College and Shri Krishna Govt. Ayurvedic Medical College, and it is expected to be the same for the North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda and Homeopathy (NEIAH). The cut off for Govt. Ayurveda and Medical College and Hospital is 40th and 50th percentile for scores ranging from 119-107 to 701-134, respectively. Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University, [DSRRAU] Jodhpur and Government Ayurveda College cut off is above 40-50 percentile for NEET UG. The Calcutta Homeopathy Medical College and Hospital and the Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru State Homeopathic Medical College cut off is expected to be between 40-50 percentile that is 119 to 107 and 701 to 134 cut off scores respectively.
AYUSH Counselling Documents Required
Candidates must have the below-mentioned documents at the time of admission for verification purposes.
- The Candidates' SSC Marksheet as an age proof must be submitted.
- The HSC Marksheet (10+2) and certificates must be presented.
- NEET admit card along with the result card also must be submitted.
- Category certificate if applicable must be submitted as proof.
- The candidates' Resident certificate must be submitted.
- Valid ID proof (Aadhar Card/ Voter ID/ Passport) must also be submitted
- Migration Certificate issued from the last institution must be submitted.
- Recent eight passport size photographs must be submitted.
- The birth certificate must be submitted.
- If applicable, the candidate's Caste certificate must be submitted.