Eligibility Criteria at Tawi Engineering College, [TEC] Pathankot
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech:
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have studied Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Computer Science as one of the optional subjects.
- Students may have passed diploma in any engineering trade from the Punjab State Board of Technical Education.
Lateral Entry to Second Year:
The minimum qualification for admission to 2nd year/ 3rd semester of the B.Tech. degree courses are as under:
- The candidates must have passed the diploma in Engg. Technology in any branch (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any Institution of Punjab / other State and have Punjab Domicile.
- The candidate must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ ST 40% J or equivalent grade point.
- If some seats remain vacant even after considering all the aforesaid candidates, then candidates from outside Punjab who have passed the diploma in any branch of Engineering/ Technology (as per list attached in Information Brochure of PTU) from any other institution in the country, affiliated to any recognized Board will be given admission.
- Those candidates must have passed with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST 40% ] or equivalent grade point.
- The candidate must possess a good moral character.
- He / She must fulfil the conditions mentioned in Punjab Government Notification No. 35/44/95-fT(2]/978 dated 21.3.2003 incorporated in PTU, CET Brochure.
- He / She must fulfil the requirements laid down by PTU.
- He/ She must be a citizen of India.