R.A. Podar College works tirelessly to help students to exploit their potential to the fullest during their College years.
The Placement Cell of the college is truly a forum 'of the students, by the students and for the students'.
It is operated by students of the College under the aegis of its chairperson to provide Podarites with jobs of their choice and helping them develop their talents even after they leave the College.
It establishes a link between the students and the recruiters, enabling recruiters to recruit the best and brightest of the students that the College has to offer.
1. Articleship Placements for CA interns
2. Job Placements for the final year students (in the month of December)
3. Internships for students of all years
The Placement Cell also organizes various workshops specially designed to assist newcomers in developing and applying their skills to find the right job that meets their needs.
1. Resume Building Workshop: To help students to transform their resume into a powerful tool that will get them interviews.
2. Mock Group Discussion Round: To assist students in developing various skills essentially required to become a successful professional.
3. Mock Interview Sessions: To guide students in improving their interviewing skills and getting feedback to prepare for professional interviews.
The Placement Cell started functioning with a very clear objective of ensuring a higher placement record and a better reach to the students of the college.
To facilitate this objective, a ‘Placement Awareness Programme’ was conducted, under which, the Placement representatives visited each division of the B.Com and BMS classes to give a short presentation on the Placement Cell and its planned activities for the current year, replete with a timeline. This ensured that the students were well informed about the placement activities of the college and their part in it.
The Placement Cell conducts the following main activities in the college:
Articleship Hiring for CA students
Placements for Final Year Students
The following Training Activities are also conducted:
Resume Building Workshop
The Articleship Hiring season at Podar in 2014-15, was attended by the following companies: