Admission process at Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University School of Technology, Gandhinagar
Admission Process for B.Tech, MBA, M.Tech:
The admission procedure shall be in the following manner, namely:
- BAC - PDPU shall prepare a merit list of the eligible candidates who have applied.
- The Candidates will have to check their inter-se merit number on the PDPU website.
- BAC – PDPU will carry out the first round of admission through online mode.
- The applicant will have to pay fees in order to secure the seat.
- For any subsequent vacant seats, the admission shall be offered through On Campus counseling as per the schedule to be published separately on the website and no individual communication will be made in this regard.
- The candidates shall be required to appear in person and have to register at least one hour before the prescribed schedule at the registration desk of B. Tech. Admission 2019 on campus counseling process.
- The candidates shall make their own arrangements for reaching the PDPU campus.
- If a candidate is unable to appear for the counseling due to serious illness/accident or other unavoidable circumstances, his guardian may remain present on his behalf with a request cum-authority letter from the candidate with all the required original documents.
- A candidate who remains absent at the On Campus Counseling Process as per the schedule will not be considered for that round of B. Tech. Admission process 2019.
- Allotment of seats shall be made on the basis of merit, the category of the candidate and availability of the seats at the time of counseling is 5/13.
- Counseling will include verification of the original documents, personal and academic credentials of candidates viz. identity, age, academic qualifications and reservation category, and thereafter the offer of provisional admission or waitlist will be made to eligible candidates, as the case may be.
- The candidates are required to produce any other certificates as the Admission Committee deems necessary.
- The candidate who has been offered admission shall be required to pay the fees immediately, as prescribed in the sub-rule to secure his admission at the time of on-campus counseling process.
- A candidate reporting late for On-Campus Counseling Process must contact the Convener, BAC-PDPU who may try to accommodate him in any of the remaining sessions as per the on-going merit, if possible. However, this is not an obligation on the part of the University. The Admission Committee’s decision shall be final and binding in this regard.
- A candidate who fails to make payment at the time of counseling shall not be considered for that round of B. Tech. Admission process 2019.
Admission Process for M.Tech:
Phase - I (Only for the candidates having qualified and valid GATE score):
- Admission will be offered to the candidates on merit based on the GATE score.
- The seats remaining vacant upon completing admissions of this Phase will be transferred to the seats for Phase II admissions.
- The candidates who are not offered the admission during this Phase their application will be considered automatically for the Phase II admission process and they will have to appear at the selection procedure of the Phase II Admission Process mentioned herein.
- It is mandatory for all GATE qualified candidates to upload the GATE Score Card as a part of Online application process.
- The criteria for deciding merit order in case of candidates having equal merit marks shall be based on following sequence namely:
- All India rank for GATE 2019. 2. Marks out of 100 in GATE score card. 3. Aggregate marks/CPI of B.Tech. Degree. (B) Phase-II (for GATE/
- Marks out of 100 in GATE score card. 3. Aggregate marks/CPI of B.Tech. Degree. (B) Phase-II (for GATE/
- Aggregate marks/CPI of B.Tech. Degree. (B) Phase-II (for GATE/
Phase-II (for GATE/Non GATE candidates):
- The Phase-II admission process is meant for Non-GATE candidates and also for the candidates having the valid and qualified GATE score but not offered the admission during Phase-I; as mentioned hereunder:
- A single merit list will be prepared for valid and qualified GATE & non-GATE candidates on the following basis:
- For valid and qualified GATE score candidates: 30% weight age of GATE score + 70% weight age of Personal Interview score will be considered for preparing the merit. The merit cut off for admission will be 50 percentile overall score for every candidate & accordingly the eligible candidate shall have to attend admission.
- The merit cut off for admission will be 50 percentile overall score for every candidate & accordingly the eligible candidate shall have to attend admission counseling program as per the announcement on the website for securing admission on merit upon payment of prescribed fees.
- A Student who has applied for more than one branch has to appear in Personal Interview for all the branches separately.