Application Process at International Institute of Information Technology, [IIITB] Bangalore
Application Process for M.Tech:
- The link for online application will be available on the website.
- Candidates who apply for M.Tech. will be automatically considered for both M.Tech. (IT) and M.Tech. (ESD) programs based on the eligibility.
- Applicants need NOT apply separately.
- The branch for which admission offer is made (whether IT or ESD or both) will be mentioned in the offer of admission based on the GATE Score of the candidate and also the availability of seats.
- All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-.
Application Process for M.Sc:
- The admissions process is online – the details of admissions portal will be provided in the research admissions website when the portal goes live.
- All applicants need to pay a non-refundable application fee of INR 1000/-, the payment for which shall be done online through the admissions portal.
- It is mandatory for all applicants to get at least two recommendation letters.
The online application will require submission of a consolidated pdf file which contains:
- a cover letter summarizing the application (including research interests, choice of the research domain, and the topic of interest for thesis, if any),
- most recent curriculum vitae (including the name as per 10th-grade mark sheets or government-issued photo identification document, postal address, contact mobile number, details of two or more recommenders/references),
- scanned copies of self-attested copy each, of all relevant academic transcripts.
- scanned copies of signed recommendation letters from references*
- scanned copy of photo ID (proof of the name given in curriculum-vitae),
- a statement of purpose (an essay of not more than 1500 words including research interests and relevant experience),
- a statement of research preparation (an essay of not more than 1500 words on how the applicant has objectively prepared him/herself to undertake the demanding research program at IIITB),
- if available, a list of relevant publications.
- The references may choose to send us single-blind recommendation letters (i.e. the applicant does not see the recommendation letter), in which case they may email the letter to email@example.com with subject stating “Recommendation letter for Application: “, including application ID generated by our admissions portal and the applicant's name as mentioned in the online application.
- inform the concerned reference the application ID and applicant name, as well as the deadline for submission of reference letters, and
- indicate in the cover letter that the recommendation letters may be expected separately.
- Academic transcripts pertaining to all degree programs (including term/semester performance reports/grade cards) completed by the applicant shall be deemed relevant. If the applicant is seeking provisional admission for Masters or Ph.D. program, as in is currently completing Bachelors or Masters degree, respectively, the applicant may state so in the cover letter.
- All queries may be sent via e-mail to the Institute: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The degree program manuals and admissions brochure are available at the website