Heritage Institute of Technology, [HIT] is an autonomous institute established by the Kalyan Bharati Trust. It has obtained the NAAC accreditation of B++. The institute is recognised by the UGC and is affiliated to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology [MAKAUT].
HIT Kolkata organises placement training sessions for its students and has an MoU with the New Jersey Institute of Technology [NJIT] for student-exchange program. It offers good facilities such as sports facilities, computing facilities, etc.
HIT Admission 2019
Admission to the courses is offered on the basis of the performance in the entrance examinations of the MAKAUT and the subsequent counselling procedure. Heritage Institute of Technology is known for the technology courses it offers. Its B.Tech and M.Tech courses are NBA - accredited.
Heritage Institute of Technology Admission Contents
Courses Offered by Heritage Institute of Technology
HIT focuses not just on academics but also the all-round development of the students. It offers B.Tech, M.Tech and MCA courses as shown below.
Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Biotechnology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, VLSI Design, Biotechnology, Renewable Energy, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
HIT Application Form
To apply for the admission process of Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata the candidates must apply through the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) portal. There is no offline procedure for admission.
- Go to the WBJEE website and click on the online application link.
- Candidates should exercise great caution while filling the details asked for, as there is no option to change them later.
- Upload the scanned documents, photographs and signature according to the specs mentioned.
- Candidates would have to pay an application fee of INR 500 and keep copies of the confirmation page etc.
Heritage Institute of Technology Admission Fee
The fees of HIT Kolkata varies across courses but is standard across specialisations. The details of the Heritage Institute of Technology Fee Structure are mentioned below:
- The tuition fee for B.Tech is INR 72,200 at the time of admission and the fee for the second semester is INR 44,000.
- The tuition fee for B.Tech in the second year is INR 45,100 per semester and in the third year it is INR 46,200. For the fourth year the tuition fee is INR 47,300 per semester.
- The M.Tech tuition fee ranges from INR 1,31,000 to 1,51,000.
Entrance Examinations Accepted by Heritage Institute of Technology
The Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal takes in students based on the state level entrance exam scores. There is lateral entry for the B.Tech courses into the second year. Admission is based on WBJEE/ JELET scores.
HIT accepts WBJEE scores for B.Tech admission. The counselling procedure allots seats as per the Heritage Institute of Technology cut off.
- It is an offline examination consisting of two papers -
- Paper I - Mathematics
- Paper II - Physics and Chemistry
- Each paper is of 2 hours duration.
JELET full form is Joint Entrance for Lateral Entry. The scores by accepted by Heritage Institute of Technology for the lateral entry into the second year B.Tech course.
- The paper consists of 100 questions and the duration is 2 hours.
- The sections of questions differ based on the qualifying diploma/ examination.
The scores are accepted for admission to the M.Tech courses in addition to the PGET exam of the West Bengal board, MAKAUT. GATE is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology jointly.
- It is a 3 hours Computer-based Examination consisting of 65 questions with a total of 100 marks.
- It comprises of two types of questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
This exam is held by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for admission to the MCA course in the affiliated colleges. It consists of 2 papers with MCQs in
HIT B.Tech Admission 2019
Heritage College offers engineering courses in nine specializations. The B.Tech course is of 4 years duration and divided into 8 semesters.
HIT B.Tech Eligibility
The admission to B.Tech is based on the candidate’s performance in WBJEE/ JELET conducted by the University. 80% seats shall be filled up by JEE candidates, 10% by JEE (Main) candidates and 10% by management quota for WBJEE qualified candidates.
|B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Biotechnology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering
||H.S.C Examination of West Bengal or equivalent; For lateral entry B.Sc or diploma students
Based on WBJEE/ JELET scores
HIT M.Tech Admission 2019
Heritage College offers engineering courses in 6 specializations. The M.Tech course is of 2 years duration and divided into 4 semesters.
HIT M.Tech Eligibility
The admission to the M.Tech courses is conditional upon the candidates clearing GATE/ PGET, as mentioned below.
|M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, VLSI Design, Biotechnology, Renewable Energy, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
||B.Tech/ BE degree in relevant discipline
Based on GATE/ PGET scores
Heritage Institute of Technology Admission Helpline
Heritage Institute of Technology Contact Details
91 33 66270600/ 0609/ 0614/ 0622
Chowbaga Road, Anandapur, PO: East Kolkata Township, Kolkata 700107
HIT Admission FAQs
How many specialisations are available for the M.Tech course at HIT?
- Heritage College offers 6 specialisations for the M.Tech course namely, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, VLSI Design, Biotechnology, Renewable Energy, Applied Electronics and Instrumentation.
How to secure admission to Heritage Institute of Technology through Lateral Entry?
- To get admitted through lateral entry into the B.Tech courses candidates should clear the JELET exam and be allotted a seat through the counselling procedure.
What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission to MCA?
- Prospective students of the MCA course can be admitted if they have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline but with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and having secured at least 60% marks. Candidates must write the JECA exam.
Other Trending Colleges in for Admission: