pratik's review on Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education, [SIMSREE] Mumbai | Written on: 18 Dec 2015
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- Our college has 2 courses PGDBM & MMS,In MMS degree is awarded by Mumbai University whereas in PGDBM degree is awarded by Govt of Maharashtra.Academically our college is quite flexible in our academic schedule,Our college has good no of inhouse as well as external faculty where external faculty teaching us are stalwarts in their respective fields.Our college follows bi semester examination pattern.We have a lot of projects to do in our college life where each faculty has its own set of stringent requirements about the project.These projects give us a lot of practical exposure as well as give us first-hand training of MBA life.All professors use case study approach to teach us.There are lots of pre-reads as well which we have to do.Assignments are given on weekly basis where all we have learn overall in week is tested.
- Talking about the college life its a mix of academics and fun.College life is pretty good where we are encouraged to take part in various events and festivals which are sponsored by college itself. This events help us to have interaction with other college students which broaden our exposure and outlook.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- Fees of our College is Rs 69000 per annum. If we consider ROI wise, SIMSREE is third best in India.
- Scholarships are awarded to students belonging to backward classes which constitutes 50% of the batch strength of 180.
- Loan is not provided by college.
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- Data is confidential so i cannot disclose but i can say that Simsree boasts of 100% placement records with wide range of alumni excelling in their field.
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- There are 2 hostels, one is jogeshwari and other in churchgate.
- Canteen is pretty ok. considering
- Considering Simsree is govt college, Infrastructure is very good with wifi enabled campus, digital library, auditorium and each classroom enabled with projector,CCTV and AC.
Master of Management Studies, batch of 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY:
In-house lectures combined with guest lectures from industry experts
Helps with off-summer projects to get practical exposure
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK:
Strong Placement and Alumni committee.
Gets many companies on campus for internships and final placements.
Has a Consulting committee which gives practical exposure to students which comes in handy during placements.
Helps with off-summer projects to get practical exposure.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS:
Committees in college:
SIMSREE Consulting Club