AKASH KUMAR's review on Pondicherry University, Puducherry | Written on: 18 Jan 2017
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- Class timings at Pondicherry University are from 9:30 am to 17:30 pm including class, project hours etc.
- The quality and method of teaching are excellent.
- Overall experience in University is very good.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- Course fee at Pondicherry University per year is Rs. 18,000/-.
- Scholarships are available to the topper of the branch.
- 2 students can get the scholarship.
- No the loan is not required.
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- I have done a summer internship on 'Wave Propagation through Optical Fibers' at Pondicherry University and I have attained a 'Winter School on Photonics' at IISER Kolkata.
- Many companies visit the campus for placements.
- The average salary is Rs. 2,40,000/- and Highest salary is Rs. 3,00,000/- and 25% of student get placed every year.
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- There are 21 hostels present in Pondicherry University.
- The hostel fee is Rs. 4,000 per month.
- Food is good and cost Rs. 20 per meal.
- The quality of all the facilities is good.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
- The only student council is present in Pondicherry University, there is no association available.
- The college celebrates Hostel day, Convocation, Sports and other festivals like Ganesh Puja, Onam, Pongal etc.
- Life in University is very good.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
- The eligibility criteria for joining Pondicherry University is clearing the CETPPMC exam.
- The typical cut-off for the course is 30%