Ayushi's review on National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi | Written on: 23 Mar 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- The college life in NLU, Ranchi is quite hectic and tedious with five continuous assessment tests, mid sem projects, end term examination, court room exercises and other co-curriculurs that are needed to build your CV.
- The method of teaching is traditional with the same teacher- student relationship with very less use of technology. Though we are provided with access to different online legal databases by the university.
- My overall experience in the university is quite satisfying. Everything has its pros and cons. The college has a very healthy atmosphere and develops the mooting skills of evry individual.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- The university is the most expensive national law university of the country with approximately Rs 2.5 lakhs for the first year. It is very expensive and not equivalent to the services provided.
- It is a huge burden on the students as no scholarships are provided in the university except to the students belonging to ST quota. No other option for scholarship is available in the university for the general students. The student has to bear all expenses incurred if he is going in a competition to represent the University.
- Loans are the only remedy available. But many of the banks do not consider law discipline for giving loans. State bank of India lends loan easily for the law students and most of the student of my university had availed loans from the same Bank.