Nidhi's review on Maulana Azad Medical College, [MAMC] New Delhi | Written on: 18 Jan 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- Timings are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. We have postings in the hospitals and classes. Exams at the end of each semester and one final proffessional exam for each year at its completion.
- Method of teaching varies frm proffessor to proffesor and they use powerpoint presentations and projectors, some may even use chalk and blackboards. In the postings we get to interact with the patients and learn the clinical aspect of medicine from examination to diagnosing a patient. The quality of teaching is pretty good. Its not spoon feeding; basically most of the reading is the responsibility of the student like in any proffessional education but the classes give us a an overview that helps us to understamd the subject better.
- Overall experience is good. Get to learn new things everyday.
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- In medicine particularly we do our internship after course completion in the college we do our bachelors from. It is mandatory for every mbbs proffessional. After mbbs we need to do our postgraduation first.
- Placements are not much of a trend here. Some studemts do work as junior residents after mbbs their average salary would be around Rs 30000 monthly.
- Every maulanian joins MAMCOS organization aftr they complete their mbbs so all the alumni are well knit and stay in contact.
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- There are approximately 9 hostels in our college with fees like Rs 5000 per year.
- PGS are their. I dont know thier fees.
- Food in the mess is alright. There are other places to eat as well. For the mess the fees is around Rs 2000 per month which is like Rs 22 per meal.
- Classrooms are big and spacious. There is no wifi connectivity. Library is good fully air conditioned with a separate reading room that is open 24 hours.