sk's review on Khalsa College, [KC] Amritsar | Written on: 01 Jan 1970
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- The Daily routine had to attend classes from 9 AM to 5 PM in Khalsa College. The examination was held once in the year.
- The quality of teachers was very good and devoted.
- It was Avery good overall experience.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- No scholarship was awarded to any student at Khalsa College.
- I took a loan from J&Kindly govt for studies.
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- The internship is not compulsory for all the students at Khalsa College.
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- There was one Canteen in the Khalsa College. At the time there were nine hostels.
- Monthly expenses on food were Rs 50/- Every hostel had its own kitchen. '
- Quality of Food was good.
- Quality of classrooms, Labs, Library, dinning hall, KEY infrastructure was good but there was no Wi-Fi at that time
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
- No clubs, societies or associations were available at Khalsa College but Sports were in high esteem.
- Cultural programmes were held.
- Life in college was very good.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
- I joined Khalsa college Amritsar in 1959. Admission procedure was given on the basis of an interview conducted by Principal of the college. Dr Harbant Singh was the principal at that time. In Punjab, only that college taught Agriculture and then Agricultural University was set up at Ludhiana. It's building is the H-shaped and old heritage of 19th century. Previous Pvt Govt converted it into a university which is being reviewed by present Govt.