's review on Institute of Chemical Technology, [ICT] Mumbai | Written on: 28 Jun 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- The teachers are very helpful but expect the student to study every subject in complete detail and set papers which tests an individuals' intelligence and not just rote learning skills.
- Professors at ICT are particular about attendance. A good attendance is required; around 60% at least.
- Being the best chemical engineering college in the city and the state, you can expect diversifiefd crowd at ICT. Students hail from studious background (well, the cutoffs speak for it). You'll meet a good blend of rich classy people to the lower middle class ones. Students at ICT are pretty dedicated towards studies and thus you'll never find a happening college campus life. More than 70% of the crowd is from Mumbai and fortunately the boys to girls ratio is very healthy unlike other engineering colleges.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- INR 53,411/year for general category. Even lesser for reserved categories.
- Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) is located in central Mumbai. It is pretty accessible from Dadar (W.Rly.), King’s Circle and Wadala on Harbour Rly. and Matunga (C.Rly.) stations. Also bus stops are at a walking distance. Being one of the oldest insitutes in the city, its popularity is fantastic and thus finding the college is never a painstaking task.
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- The legacy of the Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) is enough to get good placements for all students. Placements are done in well known MNCs and Indian companies. Some of the best pharmaceutical companies hire from ICT, so don't be too shocked when you hear names like Bayer, Pfizer, etc coming in.
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- Various food joints which provide fast food, south indian, ice cream parlours. The area is pretty lively because of other colleges and school in the surrounding. Various restaurants in Matunga and among favourites, Mani’s, Garnish, Classic, Relax. There’s NewYorkers for those who eat only in “elite” restaurants, Cafe Madras and Just Chill softies for desserts. CCD is also close by.
- A festival at the starting of the year for freshers is organized. Thereafter, inter college cultural fest, (Manzar), intra college cultural fest, intra college sports fest, inter college sports fest are celebrated at a huge scale.
- 2 canteens. Both are pretty good (as in you get tasty food, but not dependable hygienically) and cheap.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
- ICT has a huge campus and it is vast and beautiful. The college building is slightly old but is well maintained. No shortage of space with an in-campus football field and a basketball court to name a few facilities. Hostel facilities are available. There are 5 hostel buildings which cater to the students' need of accommodation.