munawar's review on Cochin University of Science and Technology, [CUSAT] Kochi | Written on: 13 Nov 2016
ACADEMICS & FACULTY
- Classes are from 9:00am to 5:00pm. Projects are given by the teachers of each subject separately. There are internal exams( number varies according to lecturers) and an external exam per semester. Usually, there will 2 assignments per subject ( total 14 )for a semester.
- Lecturers use their prepared slides for teaching. And the lecturers are well qualified with practical experience business and industries.
- The latest method of teaching with wide opportunities make each student highly qualified.
FEES AND SCHOLARSHIP
- The course fee is about INR 60000 per year
- Many scholarships are available to the students such as MERIT CUM MEANS scholarship provided by the central govt. , Scholarship provided by the MBA full-time batch 1989 etc.
- In 2014, all the students who applied for the MCM scholarship got it. In 2015, a scholarship was given to the students whose degree marks were above 70%.
- Of the course, few is comparatively lower and the chance of getting a scholarship is higher, there is no need to get a loan. Even though, almost all the banks provide loans to the students.
PLACEMENTS & ALUMNI NETWORK
- Internships are done during summer vacation
- More than 80 companies recorded in 2015 placement.
- Average salary: ₹3.6 lakh per year. Maximum salary offered: ₹7.9 lakh per year. Percentage of batch got placed: 100%.
- Alumni play a major role to shape the students. School of management studies, cochin university of science and technology has been creating the managers since 1964. Some of the famous Alumni include Dr Abraham Koshy( chairman, federal bank & eminent author) Devraj PR ( vice president, IT infrastructure services...cognizant technology solutions) Dr Mathew J Manimala ( professor, organisation behaviour.... Chairperson, OBHRM Area IIM Bangalore)
INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORTATION
- Totally there are 12 hostels in the campus, that are well cleaned. NAAC had given A grade to the university in 2016 visit. We are charged by a nominal few for the hostel ie. ₹300/ month.
- Paying guest facilities are strictly available very near to the campus. They cost almost 1500/month.
- The food in the college is very good. It costs only ₹25 for meal and ₹58/day.
- The classrooms are highly furnished with wifi facilities. The college is situated almost 100 metres from national highway. Both college and university have a huge library with INFLIBNET facilities.
CLUBS & ASSOCIATIONS
- As it is a management course, the students are associated according to the instruction given by the lecturer of a subject MANAGEMENT SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM.
- The main festival of the college is TALENTIME which is a management as well as a cultural program.
- The life is partly enjoyable and partly risky.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
- Eligibility for MBA full time: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. C-MAT score (AICTE) / KMAT Score (Kerala) /CAT(IIM) + GD & Personal Interview of CUSAT. Eligibility for MBA part time: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. C-MAT score (AICTE) / KMAT Score (Kerala) /CAT(IIM) + GD & Personal Interview of CUSAT. 50% of the seats reserved for candidates having 3 years of supervisory/ executive experience after the Bachelor’s degree
- CAT conducted by IIM
- Cut off was 50 percentile. Even though it varies accordingly