• There are councils like Management council, Placement council, Alumni council etc.
• There is no cultural festival but it has a sports festival called IMPACT.
● Faculty: • Welingkar does boast of some really good faculty and even does complete justice to it. • Some professors are really experienced and have a lot of knowledge to share. It is the only reason why I would like to suggest aspiring students to take admission in this institute. • One drawback is that some of the faculty are very austere. ● Studies, Projects, Assignments and more: • Studies at Welingkar can be a lot of fun which imparts a lot of practical knowledge with live projects, field work and life skills. • Usually the end of every trimester (for PGDM students)/semester (for MMS students) is very hectic with presentations almost every alternate day. • CGPA is given a lot of importance here. 4) Administration and clerical staff: • I must say that the clerical staff here is some times rude and uncooperative. Overall summary in general :- ●Pros - Good learning environment by imparting practical knowledge. - Training regarding Corporate ethics, dressing and behaviour is imparted in day-to-day college life and Foundation Fortnight ( a grilling process for first 15 days of college). - Good alumni network ● Cons - For out of Mumbai students, be ready to not meet your family for 6 months at a stretch because ther are NO holidays! - You get your time table only before 3 days so you cannot plan you days ahead. - You feel like you are in a boarding school with the amount of strictness and interference. You feel like you have come to a primary school and you are scolded every now and then.
• Summer internships are compulsory after the end of first year. • Number of companies visiting the campus for summer internships is less compared to it contemporary institutes. •Welingkar is has good placement records for Marketing.
• Placements for Operations students are average. Some extremely good companies with high packages and good profiles do visit the company though but they recruit very less students. Competition is high because amount of students taken by each company is less and profiles are very good. Other companies offering Operations offer average packages. Placements for HR is average.
• Average pay package given here is Rs 7 lakhs per annum. Some job profiles offered here are extra ordinary because of the good relationships of professors with industry otherwise the placements here on an average are like any other run-of-the-mill packages and profiles provided by its contemporary Institutes.
• Welingkar has a strong alumni network which helps more with the industry interface.