16 Mar 2017
- The Admissions for NALSAR can be got by clearing CLAT. For general category, admission closes approximately at an all India rank of 125 out of 38-40 thousand.
B.A. L.L.B.(hons.), batch of 2019
15 Jun 2016
- 5 Boys Hostel, 5 Girls Hostel and one for post graduates.
- All the students have to live on campus.
- The food it decent.
- The quality of classrooms, the library, the dining hall, Wi-Fi and other key infrastructure are top notch. Costs a little too much though.
Placements & Internships:
- Internships with Voices of Youth, Centre for Legal Studies, Centre of Air and Space Law, Nishith Desai Associates, Procter & Gamble and Manu Law Firm.
- Every company hires lawyers!
- The salary figures are comparable to the salary of students who graduate from IITs and IIMs.
- The alumni are helpful. If you need help with anything they are always willing to help, if they have time.
Fees and Scholarship:
- The fees for an Indian citizen is around INR 2,00,000. The fees for SAARC citizens is double the amount and for foreign nationals is double that amount.
- There are a few scholarships available. An average of one in ten students have a scholarship.
- Loans may be needed as it is a five year course.
Academics & Faculty:
- Classes are from 9:00 A.M to 4:00 P.M.
- Students have to submit one project per subject.
- We have our mid-semester examinations during February and August and end-semester examinations during April and October respectively.
- The method follows interactive classes with some teachers following the Socratic teaching method.
- The overall experience is quite above what I expected, it is above par.